Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ssssh! Don't tell The Man, but I've hooked him up - and me, obv. - tix for Bon Jovi this June - I am so freakin' excited!

It's The Man's b-day on the 14th April, so I've gone and become one of those hella cute-as-a-button girlfriends and bought him tix for his B-day - I am hanging on in there for my Bestest Girlfriend in the World EVER award that I'm sure he'll award me on the 15th April - tee hee!

Oh, don't worry, he doesn't read my blog so I'm safe with him not finding out and I'm also safe in letting you know that his pressie is a li'l bit about me too - yep, I crush on JBJ!



Now I know I crush a LOT, and I know my crushes vary quite considerably - from the far-too-young Zac Efron and One Night Only lead singer, right through to John Barryman, Ronan Keating and yep, Jon Bon Jovi but at least I'm not predictable, right?
So The Man's B-day present is a win-win love in - hurrah!

Can I say, I've just watched Gavin and Stacey and it is by far the funniest programme on TV right now, my jaw is aching!

Anyway where was I? I've admitted to my crush on JBJ...Oh, I know, I was quoted in the blimmin' Guardian yesterday!
How swank am I?

It was an article written by a journo-lady who didn't have much love for the colour pink and thinks it's damaging to young girls, as you can imagine, Author and Mizz magazine agony aunt, Lisa Clark - that's me! Tee Hee! - was telling the world how great pink was and how it's the colour of all things girl!

Swanks and I went for yummy scrummy dinner on Friday and drank pink wine - it was my first interaction with people I dig, well apart from The Man, obv., and it was lots of fun. Swanks, who went to Japan earlier in the year - not jealous. Much. - bought me some super-cool Japanese magazines and I bought him... a diet coke. That's fair, right? The mags are awesome and are total proof that I've really got to get myself a trip to Japan soonest! In my journal I've even created a wish page where I'm planning that an ah-mazing Japanese publisher might buy the books and that I get to go on a book tour there and eat yummy sushi and buy kawaii cute accessories by the truckload!

Oh, and guess what?
The Man and I have been going to The Edinbro book fest for the past four years now, and last year I said to him, "I'd really love to appear here next year!"
So, in my journal I cut a picture of me signing a book, along with the Edinbro book fest logo and guess what? I've been asked to host a Think Pink workshop - whoop, whoop! I did a rather embarrassing happy dance when the letter came through the door, and every time I think of it, I have to sit on my hands to stop me busting an 80s body-pop move with excitement! A date hasn't been confirmed yet, but as soon as it has, I'll post it up!

I'm now watching the car-crash that is Kerry Katona: Crazy in Love - this is bad and not even in a good way, I'll still watch it though - I'm a sucker for reality TV.

2 comments:

Silvia said...

i won´t tell!!! i swear!

congrats on the workshop!

xox

Miss Crafty said...

Four year's you've been coming up here and never hunted down your Scottish buddy. Shame on you Pink Lady. Fifth time lucky. Hoots mon!