Monday, April 23, 2007

Today I heart cupcakes and accessories of fabulousity.

So today has been every kind of fabulous.
One of those days you wish you could bottle up and crack open when life is major-league sucksville.

I heart cupcakes

Tomorrow is my last day at the Tuesday job - sad days - but with the help of sweet Lydia, a too-cool, make-it-happen kind of girl, we have turned it into a shameless fundraising event for my New York half marathon - so, I'm havin' a cake bake, yep, as in I, Lisa Clark, bake cakes and sell them for charity...
BTW: if you haven't sponsored me yet, you can do it over at: www.justgiving.com/pinklisaclark plug plug!

I thought a cake bake would be the perfect opportunity to channel my inner Nigella.
Not so much.
I'd arranged to bake with my pops as he is vay fabulous in the kitchen, apparently, after today's attempts, it seems I didn't inherit that gene.
It started badly when my pops blew me out on arrival - he had a TV to go buy - leaving me in the kitchen, alone.
Needless to say, I messed up, Nigella was not channeled, and my pops' kitchen still smells of burnt cakes that I had put in the microwave for too long...



Who knew you didn't put 'em in the microwave? I mean seriously, who knew that?
Not me.

Pop's came back, laughed at me - what's funny? - and managed to 'knock up' a chocolate sponge cake AND 24 cupcakes while I watched E! Entertainment on Sky!
I DID decorate them though, I made icing and everything and then added my own li'l touch with Love Hearts and sprinkles!



Cute, eh?


I love items of fabulousity

I love post. I love post with cute things in it.
Today's post was most deffo post with cute things in it. I got this totes adoreable clip from the sweet-as-sugar Lucia at www.bettyjoy.co.uk - there's an interview with Lucia vay soon over at Pink-world, keep checkin' in for more deets - don't you just love it? I feel like a hula-hula girl when I wear it, which will be basically all the time from now on, I heart it!



I also got a blast from past when I got my very own 'truly outrageous' JEM necklace from the sparkly-gorgeous new supertalent that is Princess Sparkle Pants - we'll be showcasing these girls vay, vay soon, until them check out their myspace at: www.myspace.com/welovesparklepants
Before Lola, there was Jem.
Forget Barbie, Jem was my most favourite doll of all with pink hair and flashing earrings - she was my total hero-girl.
Now I've got a Jem necklace. Happy, happy days!



And it's reversible!



Could life be any better?

No comments: