Saturday, September 15, 2007

It's been one of those weeks.

Tuesday night was fab obv.

Wednesday I went to visit my stepdad in hospital and got asked if I was pregnant.

I know.

Had to explain that 'no, I just like to eat chocolate.'

The nurse tried to assure me that this question is asked of everyone who visits a cancer ward 'coz of all the radiation and what-not, but by then, the damage had been done, I was in a grump.

This lasted for only a nano-second though, because when I looked around me, I figured I was one very lucky lady to only have a podgy tummy to worry about.


In showbiz news...did anyone see the VMAs?

Poor Britney. It was like car-crash TV.

Then there's the unbelievable amount of brutally harsh press that has followed.

I used to really heart Britney - what was that film she did? I blimmin' loved that...Crossroads, that's it.

I still do heart Britney very much I just don't know why she's playing this whole lot of crazy out in front of the media. Why are her peeps letting her do this?

In a new segment of the blog I've imaginatively titled 'Things I've read lately that you might love too...'
I highlight things I've read lately that you might love too - clue was in the title really wasn't it?!

Notes From The Teenage underground - Simmone Howell - there's a few rudy,nudy moments in places so it's not for the v.young readers, but this YA fiction is by far the best book I've read in ages. The story follows Gem, a 17 year old outsider girl who loves films, she defines herself through the movies she sees and uses them to outcool her friends - it's a story of wrong boys, lost souls, fractured friendships and acceptance. Totally recommend it!

Sugarpaper Zine - gorgeous girls Selena and Kandy who I met on Myspace, have created the very best zine you'll ever read!
I LOVE zines A LOT.
I love a glossy mag too, but zines are just 100x cooler and this one even comes with a felt-purse to make - I'm still trying to master blanket stitch but I have totally got my Tracy Turnblad backcombed hairdo going on!!


In other news... The Man and I went to see Atonement yesterday. Save your pennies, don't go, unless you've read all about it and think it's something you'd like to see obv. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. James 'yummy scrummy Mcavoy is indeed hot, but he is hotter in Finding Jane and that film is really, really good. Keira is great, but she's better in Pride and Prejudice another really, really good film. This film, the storyline sucks and the ending. Total copout.

Am enjoying Hell's Kitchen far more than I thought I ever would - I've been trying not to watch too much TV but LOVE HK! I LOVE Brian Dowling, I used to work with him on SMTV for a while, he was fab, The Man has a picture of him with Brian.
It's his favourite picture ever.

It's even sapped into our everyday life because when pals Vix and Martin came round in the week, while Vix and I sat and chatted, The Man and Martin got their Marko on in the kitchen!

Martin wore my rather fetching Lady Luck skull and cross bones scarf as a bandana and The Man wore his KPS skull hat, it was a cross between Pirates of the Carribean and Masterchef!

They made delicious s'getti bol and shouted things like 'fingers are for burning' and 'let me take you on journey' v.funny.

Am lovin' Scouting for Girls as recommended to me by Miss Stephanie - thanks chica - I've been singing 'she's so luv-er-lee' all week!!

Oh, and I'm having a love/hate affair with my Kate Nash album - first I think I love it, then her cok-er-ney accent makes me cringe a little, then I like it again. Might listen to something else today.

No comments: