Sunday, September 16, 2007

I've nicked this book meme from the lovely Diane...

What are you reading now?

I always have A LOT of reading material on the go at the same time - have just read Notes From The Teenage Underground by Simmone Howell - which I LOVED. I'm now reading the latest Elle and Spirit & Destiny magazines, the third in the series of Rowan Coleman's Ruby Parker - Hollywood Star - so good, and in grown up books I'm reading: Belinda Jones - Love Academy and Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert - which I just can't put down right now!


do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that?


I recommend books ALL the time - I think just coz I love them everyone should - I recommend authors more than individual books - authors you should totally read are: Rowan Coleman - her adult books are among my absolute favourites, SARK - I love her style and how all her books make me feel like a big kid, YA author Rachel Cohn - her book Gingerbread is AWESOME and ANYTHING by Francesca Lia Block - I'd say she was my favourite author of ALL time, ever.

admit it, sadly the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don’t they?

They do, but not for the reasons you think, I'm a total shocker for taking books back and currently have a £40 fine! That's bad innit?!!

is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don’t like it at all?


Weetzie Bat by Francesca Lia Block. It's my absolute most favourite book in the world, but adults think it's for kids and kids think it's for adults so lots of people miss out on Weetzie Bat - which is sad because it's the best.
Fact.


do you read books while you eat?


I do, is that bad??

while you bathe?

I do, 'cept normally I read a magazine in the bath coz I don't like to get books wet, I'm a bit of a book geek like that!


while you watch movies or tv?

Not at the cinema - it costs blimmin' £7.50 a freakin' movie - why would I pay that then read? That would be silly! I do read while the TV is on though, especially if The Man is watchin' borin' snorin' news and I don't want to leave the room!

while you listen to music?
Of course, I do everything while listening to music!

while you’re on the computer?
Er...No. I don't know how you could??

when you were little did other children tease you about your reading habits?


Yeah, a little, but I read mostly because I was teased, it was the perfecto way to escape real life - who's laughing now, eh?!!!


what’s the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn’t put it down?


Oh, Necklace of kisses by Francesca Lia Block it's about Weetzie Bat now she's a grown up - it was magical and beautiful and I went straight back to page one and started it all over again when I finished it!

No comments: