Wednesday, December 26, 2007

So...what did you get?!!
Not that it's all about the pressies, but it is a li'l bit, right?

I've got lots of goodies - and according to The Man, who is currently in Weymouth with his fam, I've still got more to come - woohoo - I love me an extended present-opening holiday! I shall save my list of gifted treats 'til I've opened them all 'k?

I've stayed close to home this Christmas to make sure I'm here for my mumma, and if I'm truthful, it's been completely bliss-kissed to have a li'l alone time.

Don't get me wrong, I love me the Christmas, in fact, The Man and I had a dee-lish day of pink wine, film watching, dinner-eating and present opening on Sunday but sometimes, the pressure to have fun and celebrate and spend time with people on the 25th can be overwhelming and feel a little forced, especially when every day should be about celebrating, having fun and spending time with the peeps you love, well, it is if you hang out in Pink-world, anyway, so, I decided to hang with my favourite person in the whole, wide world... me!

I did visit parentals - my dad made me laugh lots by presenting me with all my pen-pal letters he'd found from back in 1993 - they're so freakin' funny - I'll take pics later for you to share in their cringe-inducing fabulousness!

I then went to visit my mum and my step-dad which was happy and sad all at the same time - it'd be tough at any time of the year, but at Christmas everything is so much more intensified, including my emotions. So, after being a complete cry girl, I thanked myself lucky that I'd had two Dads for as long as I have, and wrote my step-dad a li'l thank you note for all the amazing things he's done for me. It included: introducing me to the wonder that is Audrey Hepburn when I was 13 (just think, if he hadn't made me watch My Fair Lady, I may never have discovered Audrey and there would never have been a pink-world...that would have been simply awful!), car-park picnics and a love for marching bands - list writing and remembering good things was much more fun than being all teary!

I then ate an entire layer of Thorntons chocolate, watched Top of The Pops - thanks for the heads up Staciee - it was fab - I wish they'd bring it back! Read the Kelly Brook's book of style, had txt convos with Miss L and wrote some more of book 2!

Happy, happy days!

So, how was it for you? Spill!

No comments: