Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy belated V-day!

Hope you gave yourself lots of love and treats and didn't wait for a boy-type to do it, coz while boy-types are nice and all, they don't always know what we really want, that's why I bought myself Diablo Cody's book from amazon - happy V-day to me!

The Man was a sweetster though, he pre-ordered me Stardust on DVD - happy, happy days, wrote me a poem - cute, and we sneaked off for an afternoon cinema double-bill! We watched Juno and National Treasure 2 - I LOVED Juno so much, everything about it was just increds - the music, the dialog - ADORED the dialog, the acting - quite possibly the most perfect movie. If you LOVE Ghost World which I absolutely, positively do, you'll LOVE this. And National Treasure, well, it was lots of fun! While I didn't believe for one minute you would ever be able to actually have a high-speed car chase through the streets of London, it was very funny and made me feel like a proper adventure girl!

WEB NEWS: The launch date of www.lolasland.com has been moved to mid-April - grr. It's outta my control but I've been assured that the extra time is needed in order to make it as prettylicious as possible - it will be worth it, I promise!

BOOK NEWS: Ed-girl has given fiction book 1 a tick v.g! Whoop, whoop!

This is goooooood news, except she's now kicking my bee-hind to send her book 2 - not so good news.

Why?

Because I'm really not happy with it yet. As this year got off to a not-so-nice start, I've been finding it soooo hard to find my Lola groove - I've tried, lots of times in fact, it just didn't happen. But the threat of an angry ed-girl and the synopsis for the book already being on amazon.co.uk is more than enough to make me feel the fear an do it anyway!

I am also filled-to-the-brim with crazy-assed excitementos about It's a Girl Thing and Viva La Diva hitting a book shelf near you in about 6 weeks time - AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!
I haven't seen finished copies yet, but if the last two are anything to go by, they're going to be so freakin' pretty, that it won't even matter what the words say!

Actually, I was in my ed-girl's office last week and I caught sight of the possible new covers for the fiction books - ohmystars, they're gonna be so adorebells it's untrue.

What else?

Oh, I'm still lovin' Pilates, which is good news and do my indie rocker DVD at least twice a week. I'm also doing lots of beach walking in this lovely sunshine while listening to my current muso-boy faves: Nickelback and The Wombats.

I'm totes beside myself with excitement that the Writer's Strike is over - I've been having serious Ugly Betty withdrawal symptoms - there really is only so many time a girl can watch series 1 on repeat, y'know...

Oh, happy days - I've got a pink Blackberry - how freakin' swank am I??

Have a sunshine-filled weekend - I'm off to Watch The Bratz movie!

2 comments:

Silvia said...

you too sweetie!

xoxox

Anonymous said...

I still haven't seen Juno, though everyone I've talked to has said that it's amazing. It's long-gone from our theater, though, so now it's all about waiting for it to come out on DVD.