Tuesday, February 05, 2008

When did that happen?

It's lent already!

I'm not a religious type, spiritual yes, organised religion? not so much.
So, when I asked The Man if instead of chocolate, I could give up returning calls for example, or maybe eating sprouts - you know, things that you wouldn't actually mind giving it up, but he said that, while they deffo sounds like good things to give up, that wasn't really the idea.

Oh.

Apparently, you have to give up something you dig to know what it's like to be without it. Who knew? Well, religious types, I guess.
Which is why I shall be giving up the chocolate.

Sad days.

I know I don't have to give up anything, but it's a good exercise in self-control, and will also mean that I won't feel ANY guilt when I get munchin' on a whole lot o' chocolate egg in a few weeks time.

Happy days.

Oh, I'm also gonna give up trash mags - I mentioned it a while back, but still the odd sneaky one would make it's way into my shopping basket, but no more.

As I'm working at not putting trash in my body, I'm also going to work at not trashin' my mind either - pics of celeb girls with their so-called bad bits circled is now off the menu.

I'm not sure I can stop reading Perez yet though, one thing at a time, 'k??

Things I'm loving right now...


Honey dew melon - I didn't think I could love a food type as much as I love chocolate, turns out I can AND it's good for me - chances!

Jeffery Lewis - he writes cute songs and makes comics to sell at his gigs, I'm really annoyed however, that I discovered him by watching a re-run of The Culture Show - that is NOT cool.

Pilates - ohmystars, I have worked muscles I didn't even know I had - it's good though - I've done the DVD twice now, but do think I'll seek out a class, The Man is into it too so we could be Bendy Wendy's together!

My crystals, colour and chakra course
- it's so good and I feel very om-like when I do it!

Sophie
- she's the new addition to Team Lola and is working on the site - she's too cool for school - love her!

LA Ink - which is not as good as Miami Ink, but much better than Tattoo Wars...

Not to mention he fact that I have two new books out in April. AGGGHHHH. How freakin' exciting is that? Not one book, but two books, at the same time - Whoop, whoop!

No comments: