Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hola chiquitas!

I am totes aware that I'm being a hella tardy blog-girl right now.

It's not that I don't want to share Lisa Land with you, it's just that right now, if you came to visit it would be like taking a one-way ticket to yawnsville, Arizona...

For shizzle. (Yes, I am still lovin' JUNO!)

I have very little to report, because I've rarely left the Pink Palace - in fact, this past week, I've only seen daylight for an hour a day to go do my beach walkin' this isn't due to a five day fab film fest incuding such greats as Pretty in Pink, Ghost World, Amelie, Clueless or a read-a-thon of epic proportions - my to-be-read list is a book in itself, no, these scenarios are just the stuff of my pink tinted dreams, what's really happened is, I have become what people who wear suits a lot say they are...a busy person.

I always thought I knew what that term meant, and if, on my to-do list there were more than three things to do, which there usually were, I would go; "Oh my stars, I'm so busy right now" 'cept I wasn't. Not even close.

I'm not busy in the way those people in suits are either, you know, flying from here to there, flitting from meeting to meeting, no, I'm in my li'l house sat at my dining room table, sometimes on the sofa if I'm feeling really crazy, typing.
Words.

It does however, mean the following:

* I have very little, if anything, to share with your sweet selves - I could make stuff up, what with me being a writer and all, but then I'd be using up all my imagination on blog entries and not on writing books...

* My social life suffers - I know my postman better than my BFF right now...

* The house is a TIP - I'm not known for my ability to keep a clean house at the best of times, but right now, The Man and I are literally stepping on a carpet of magazines and papers and the shelves are inches thick with dust - it's not attractive...

* We get our shopping online - nothing you actually want ever comes - they make you up a new bag of treats instead. I'm hanging in there for the day I can replace my Tesco van with an Opodo one - that's when I'll know I've made it!

In other news, of which there is very little, my crush for Chris Fountain has developed into a li'l bit of unhealthy lovin'...



There's an interview over at www.pink-world.co.uk with the lady behind my new favourite website: www.lovelula.com go visit them both!

If you love your books about LA to be slightly trashy, but so well written you can't put them down then can I recommend The Second Assistant by Clare Naylor and Mimi Hare - I read The First Assistant first which was the wrong thing to do, but both are equally fab and have been such a treat to lose myself in before bedtime - Less TV, more reading should be my motto!

I have a longer than long to-be-read list, but would still very much welcome your fave chick lit recommendations please...

I LOVE me the chick lit - I do read other stuff, but when I really want to escape from the world and lose myself in a book - chick lit is like a big bar of chocolate and a comfy blankie - two of my favourite things! I'm quite particular in my chick lit reading though - right now, I like anything set in NY, LA and San fran other faves have been Jemima J by Jane Green and Lipstick Jungle by SATC author whose name has totes escaped me right now, needless to say the book was awesome and is now a TV show - someone in the UK please buy it!

Oh, I'm mucho excited about Gossip Girl - will it hurry up already? I got sent the entire set of books the other day and obviously won't be able to read them all before it starts but I am told they are so wrong, but so right - will let you know.

Ugly Betty still isn't back. That makes me sad.

Think that's everything.

1 comment:

Silvia said...

o how i long to be busy for that reason :D

i think i could be that busy now with writing, i just haven't started yet. i guess i just have to learn to kick myself in the butt...a yoga class or two couldn't hurt :p

okay, am off to watch bad tv.
xoxox