Saturday, February 09, 2008

So, I know it's a long way off and all, but this year is a BIG birthday in Lisaland, and I don't plan on being grumpy 'bout it, oh no, it's going to be a totes celebration and I'm going to LA baby!



Yep, my b-day present to myself is a vacay to the City of Angels - I've had a slight obsession since I read Weetzie Bat my favourite book by my favourite author, Francesca Lia Block - I want to put my hands in Marilyn's handprints, I want to go to a FLB writing workshop, I want to meet my idol-girl Hilary Carlip, I wanna hang with the gorgeous Jess Weiner in her amazing city, I wanna go on a tour of celeb homes, I want to walk along Venice beach, I want to...you get the picture, right?

NY is still my abbo-fabbo favourite US city, I most deffo left my heart in San Francisco and The Man and I have a detailed plan to buy a bee-yoou-tiful pad there like Mia's in The Princess Diaries when we're successful writer-types, but LA...well, LA is LA, and I want to experience it!

1 comment:

diane s said...

Oh, how fabulous! I want to meet Hillary Carlip too (I have worshipped at her feet over email already... she's lovely).

You're just a few months ahead of me to the big 20+10 and I want to go somewhere fab in the US as well!

I have been to LA but it was 13 yrs ago... now I really want to see Portland, Oregon. And Vegas, the Grand Canyon and San Fran. And Washington and Boston - oh hell, I'll just have to move there!

Hope you have FUUUUUUUUUUN :)