Saturday, May 19, 2007

I'm back from my hols - it was fab, except some days it was 38 degrees, and as anyone that has ever had to spend time with me in the summer will tell you, I do NOT do heat.
Not only does it cause havoc with my normally poker-straight hair, it makes me ever-so-slightly antsy. The joys of a hotel room with air-con saved The Man from a vay grumpy me!

Luckily, when you're on your hols you don't have to do too much, so I stayed in the shade, ate my body weight in ice-cream - for coolin' down purposes, natch and read lots and lots of books - it was totally bliss kissed...The man is a totes sun worshipper so is now a bronzed chunk of man beauty, I, on the other hand am still working just a slight dusting of sunshine - I don't wanna be wrinkled and leather-like before I'm 30 now, do I?

So, we went to Dubrovnik in Croatia...



It is so beautiful, has amazing beaches, the water is so clear, 'cept we were probably there 40 years too early...seriously, there were a LOT of olden days people there! It was v.cool though, hardly any tourists so we had entire beaches to ourselves...



Went island hopping on a boat trip - that was v.cool...



Looks like I've got no clothes on, but I did have a dress on, honest!

Half way through the holiday, I got bitten. Boo. Turns out I'm allergic to mosquito bites, and what should of been a slightly irritating, itch turned into a super swollen elephant ankle - so, so not attractive!

Left Foot - this is the normal one btw!:



Right Foot - the attack of the elephant!



Poor me! I did feel ridiculously sorry for myself for a day, it got bigger than this y'know, and we had planned a day trip to Montenegro which is a whole other country and everything and was apparently where some of the latest James Bond film had been filmed, so I was all about the glitz and glam, except I had an elephant foot, which is just not conducive to hanging out in a A-list hotspot. Being the brave li'l soldier that I am, I still went, and while there were no celebs - boo, it was deffo a hotspot, over 40 degrees - whoopla!
Montenegro is soo beautiful, the men are super-tall, average height of a montenegro man is 6 ft 9 inches! I know. Unfortunately, I have no photographic evidence of this due to being on hols with The Man, he was not buying the whole 'I need to take pics for research purposes' line. Boo to The Man. Believe me though, they were v.tall and v.attractive...

Instead, here is a picture of Montenegro from the mountains, still pretty though, right?



Croatia gives very good sunsets and each evening The Man and I would sit at the beach bar sippin' beverages, eating something fish-like - I ate a LOT of fish, and looking out over the beach - it was a li'l bit like paradise might be I reckon - my favourite chico and the prettiest sight I ever did see, ahhhhh!

No comments: