Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A li'l while back, my partner in NY walkin', Keris, discovered Carrie & Danielle. They run a company that helps people discover their Style Statements - two words that define who you are. The first word is your essence (80%) and the second word is your unique twist (20%).

Basically, this statement then becomes a compass for designing a life that reflects the best version of you. From your wisdom to your wardrobe; from the stuff you love to your bed room, your work, your finances, and the parties you throw - your Style Statement is where your essence meets your expression.

You with me?

Examples might include Elegant Creative, Graceful Innovative, Classic Vitality, Cultivated Magic, Timeless Play...
I, like Keris, thought I could do with a style statement of my own. In order to work out your style statement Carrie and Danielle ask a series of questions, things like:

What’s your favourite colour?
What’s your favourite flower?
What outfit do you feel most comfortable in?
What would you wear to the Academy Awards?
What would you do with a million dollars?
What objects do you collect?
Where do you feel most at home?
Describe your perfect day.
If Annie Leibovitz (super cool photographer lady) was to take your photo, and you were in charge of art direction, what would the photo look like?
And, most importantly, why?

To help me answer my questions, I made a mood board of images and things I loved, like Lola does in Think Pink, and I realised how much I love, love, love cutting and pasting! Not only did I get to play, I also produced this fabulous collage of things I love and wanna attract into my life - check it out!



I'm still working on the actual Style Statement, but the mood board has been brilliant for helping my heart and head get clear 'bout what I want - lots of books, writing, painting, a pink nissan figaro - have you seen those cars? I totes adore them! More travel, more visits to my favourite places, lots of bright clashing colour, inspiro women like America, Nigella, Kelly Brook, oh, and to be as successful as Oprah - cool stuff, eh?!

3 comments:

Keris Stainton said...

I love it! Loads of stuff on there that I would totally have on mine and I love Nissan Figaros too!

We're going to get on so well... :D

Anonymous said...

get a lfe and listen to death metal

Anonymous said...

Your mood board is so COOL! Seeing as I have a tea cup and you have a cake stand full of sweet nibbles, we should get together for tea in Brighton sometime! x