Sunday, May 06, 2007

I've bingo-ing mad!

Yesterday, it was my friend Adam's b'day and we went to Bingo.

It was the stuff of dreams.

I love Bingo. I've even got a badge to prove it.



You can get one too from www.plastic-bat.co.uk

Bingo is completely under-rated.

You have to be quick of the mark, know your numbers and have an attention span longer than 5 seconds - I have trouble with all 3 of these.
It made for a pretty interesting afternoon.

Adam's mum is a bingo rockstar, she has the proper pens and everything. I aspire to be her. I did have a dobber, special bingo terminology, y'know, which makes a dot on the numbers and should make it easier, apart from having more hands NOTHING makes Bingo easier.
It was hard.
Really hard.
There really should be Bingo initiation, because I was completely out of my depth. First we attempted to take a seat, but there is a total unwritten rule 'bout where you sit, namely, nowhere, because the regulars all have a table each, we were banished upstairs, we took our seats and while I was checking out the too-cool-for-school decor, pink and gold - tres chic, it blimmin' started!
I literally didn't have time to breathe, the dude calling the numbers was so fast and the games were relentless, it was all I could to keep up.
I figured I didn't need to worry 'bout getting the lines, and that I would concentrate on getting the full house, except it doesn't work like that, who knew?

By the end of it, I think Adam's mum was in complete despair of me, needless to say, I won nada, nothing, but the experience was like a rollercoaster and no sooner had it finished and my adrenalin was pumpin', I wanted to do it all over again...It's free on a Sunday, so I'm gonna make it a regular thing and get good at it.

Bingo is the new going out.
Serious.

What was meant to be an afternoon of b'day celebration, namely coz I wanted to get home to watch 'Any Dream Will Do', turned into a night of dizzy water-fueled fun thanks to Martin buying Adam Singstar Legends.
I momentarily pined for my sofa, a bar of galaxy and Lee singing me sweet nothings, but the pull of Singstar is too strong.
I baggsied 'Son of a Preacher Man' by Dusty Springfield, Martin took Johnny Cash, Vix and I duetted on 'The Greatest Love of all' by Whitney Houston - what is not to love about a power ballad? and The Man and Adam did 'Rocket Man' by Elton John. We have seriously sore throats this morning and, after eating a tub of ice-cream and a strawberry cheesecake from the container between us all, our bellies are seriously sore too.
Was vay fun though - happy days!

No comments: