Tuesday, August 14, 2007

How rude is the weather?

I was meeting my fabulous-o friend Cordelia - mucho talented author girl and queen of all things goddess-like from Glasto - in the very sweet locale of Salisbury today. We'd planned a day of sunshine-filled tea sippin', girly chats, work-related butt kickin' (we're both freelance girls, y'see) and a road trip to Stonehenge - I've never been and always wanted to go - 'cept it was blimmin' raining.

Rain was not in the plan.

I did a sun dance and everything. Turns out I'm not so good at that, because it rained, then rained, then rained a bit more.

I like rain, but I like it when I'm in my house, on my sofa, watching DVDs.
Not, when I've got a sunshine-summer day planned. Still, we were girls on a mission, and despite delayed trains, broken mobiles, broken umbrellas, lost car parking tickets and crazy, crazy amounts of rain - all things that would have had lesser girl types thinking 'this is so a bad idea, let's just re-schedule for later in the week' - we had the most fun two girls could possibly have! We sipped tea at the Cathedral tea shop, chatted A LOT, butt-kicked each other to do the things we've been finding scary and then took a road trip to Stonehenge.
Yep, Stonehenge in the rain.
Hah! We laugh in the face of you, mister weather!

Stonhenge, if you haven't been, is the most mystical and magical of places - it was increds.
See, I'm not all about the shops and shoes, you know!

Check out the pics - I'm not a practical girl and despite the fact it was pouring with rain when I left the house this morning, I didn't think to go back for a coat. I didn't think to stick a brush in my stupidly huge bag.
I didn't think, quite frankly.
Which is why I'm at The 'henge with a bright blue bag, pink accessories and totally impractical trainers while everyone else is working the correct wet-weather attire, still, I like to think I'm bringin' a touch of glam-girl-fabulousness to The 'henge...




Cordelia and I - windswept chic!



The 'Henge and me!



The 'henge - it's all kinds of beautiful and magical - I didn't want to leave!



Cordelia, The 'henge and I

1 comment:

Lucy Felthouse said...

I'd like to go to Stonehenge, some people have said it's not all that impressive, but you've changed my mind. I suppose it's each to their own, I'll have to give it a try!