Sunday, August 05, 2007

I am feeling positively virtuous as I type.

Why?

Well, I've done a 3km walk this mornin' who knew fundraising was so hard? Not only do you have to pester people to sponsor you on a near daily basis - have you sponsored me yet? If not, go do it now please and you'll be put in a draw for some killer prizes - you give, you receive, what's not to love about that?! - See? But I also have to complete 13 blimmin' miles of walking!


I now have officially 3 months 'til Walk New York - in that 3 months, I need to:
* Get fit - I can do 5 miles without too much trouble but I need to try 13 miles in one day at least twice to make sure I can actually do it!

* Lose weight - My doc has told me I need to lose some poundage for health reasons - far too icky to go into the deets - so while I plan NEVER, EVER to lose my curves, I do like the idea of being a bit nicer to myself inside and out, plus I do enjoy and excuse to channel the kids from Fame by wearing my matching pink headband and wristband ensemble!

* Save me some pennies - because I plan on getting round quickly enough that I'll be able to eat cupcakes with the boys from Fred Flare, see a show and do the SATC bus tour with the gorgeous Keris AND do enough shopping to fill a suitcase before my flight home - I'm guessing I might miss out on the whole sleeping thing, but sleeping in New York seems somewhat wasteful when there's so much amazingness to see and do, right?


D'ya know, I was up so early this morning that there were people still lying on the beach from the night before! I felt crazy days old, as I can remember doing that A LOT when I was in my late teens. Sigh.

I've even done some manual labour in the garden, The Man had me fillin' bin bags with garden-like nonsense - sometimes I really think he forgets I'm a princess.
I don't know how it happens, he must have a really, really bad goldfish-type memory or something, but whatever the reason, it is not helpful, because when I remind him, he accuses me of being a diva. I tell him that being a diva, the pink-thinkin' kind of course, is a good thing, however, he is not convinced, and continues to insist that even though I am an author-girl with two ridiculously beautiful books on sale nationwide, I am not above helping him with the garden.

I have A LOT of work to do.
I am saving for his enrollment in boyfriend school as I type.
Boyfriend school would be run by the fabulous Swanks, who is the absolute go-to boy for present-buying, event-organising, attention to detail and surprisingly,is very knowledgeable in all things princess-like, every girl should have a Swanks in their life, and every boy should take lessons from him, it should be the law or something.

No comments: