Monday, March 26, 2007

So the weekend was mostly about me getting un-orange, which I'm pleased to report I now am.

I also decided I needed to set a few life challenges, which is why my fabulous friend and journo-girl Keris Stainton and I are walking New York in November!

We've been talkin' about it for a couple of weeks, but this morning we actually quit with the excuse-makin' and signed up!
We're going to be getting fit, raising money for charity and walking the length and breadth of NYC - I'm feeling positively angelic!

We're going to be raising money for The Children's Society and we have to raise £1,450.00 each by November 9th - so, any ideas or fundraising tips as to how we can make some pennies would be mucho appreciated!

I went to the beach this afternoon.
Sometimes you need to escape from the house and 'puters and phones and I'm lucky to have a beach on my doorstep, so I took me, my notebook, a scarf and a bottle of water to hit the pebbles.
There were people with no tops on.
It's March.
Now, I appreciate yesterday was technically the first day of summer, but c'mon, this is Britain, it's march, and while the sun is technically shining, there is absolutely no need for pasty white bare flesh, is there?

I positioned me a little way away from the bare flesh flashers, how would I concentrate? FYI, they weren't hot in any way, shape or form and I wrote loads. I was doing homework for a course I'm doing and realised how much fun it is to write with pen and paper. Sure I write lists, dude, I write a million lists but real-life writing, no typing, is my new favourite thing - them 'puters have got a lot to answer for!

No comments: