Saturday, March 03, 2007

All frosting and no cupcake...

Just watchin' The NME awards on T4 - Beth Ditto and Jarvis Cocker singin' 'Temptation', Danny Dyer and The Killers - happy, happy days.

Today I feel fabulous.
Yesterday I felt blah.
Not pillow punchin' mad, tear inducin' sad - just blah.
I tried to write, but was talkin' nonsense.
I tried to read, but nothing was going in.
I even tried watchin' daytime TV but no amount of 'Loose Women' could banish the blahs.

So, instead of reaching for the chocolate, dude, I was tempted, I did what any Pink Thinkin' girl would do in my situation, I took myself on a date.

It involved shoppin' - would be rude not to, right?
Purched merch included: a copy of the NME with Beth Ditto on the front-she's totes my new favourite lady, Goldfrapp CD and You Really Got Me by The Kinks.
I then planned on takin' my sweet, slightly happier self to the cinema but couldn't decide what to see, so did a straw poll and went with Material Girls starring the Duff sisters.
Having seen the advert, I was full of hope this film would be like Clueless, one of my all time fave chick flicks.
It wasn't.
It did have cute boys though.
I like Hilary and Hayley, and while the story had the potential to be fabulous-o, it just kept missin' the mark - there wasn't even any great fashion ensembles to check out as they were poor for most of the film. Grr. There was this one line where one of the aforementioned cute boys calls Hayley's character 'all frosting and no cupcake' - not only was this the best line, but it pretty much summed up the film.

The Man, back from his work-day travels came to meet me, it was raining yet he put a smile on my chops by making me dance with him in the middle of the shopping establishment - love him.

We munched a li'l food and then headed back to the cinema - we went to see Freedom Writers.

GO SEE IT.

Whatever you're doing right now, stop doing that, and go see this instead.
NOW.

It is one of the most amazing films I have ever seen. My heart was still hurting when I left the cinema. Having cried real, hard tears, The Man and I talked about it all the way home.
I'm not even going to tell you about it, just that you NEED to see it, 'k?

In other news, I am totes blah-free today. Woop, whoop!

1 comment:

Keris Stainton said...

I've got the blahs today. Ennui. Every day's the same. Empty my email inbox - next day it's full again. Wash clothes - next day they're dirty again. Relentless. Blah. (I did not resist the chocolate. I've also eaten half a packet of Tuc crackers.)