Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I LOVE this book.



Fact.

I bought it in San Francisco two years ago, but I also bought A LOT of other books at the same time, and it kinda just found it's way onto the book shelf to look pretty, because that's kinda what I do.

Y'see, I love reading, but I love actually buying books more. I love surrounding myself with them and hoping that all the fabulous words seep in through the process of osmosis. Anyway, I was doing a chazza bag over the weekend (I am offish the queen of hoarding, so this is always a hugely painful task in my world - more 'bout that later...) and I re-found this book. I read the first page and just couldn't understand why I'd not read it yet, but books are funny like that though, aren't they? They kinda find you when you need them the most and this is deffo the book I needed right now, a chance to re-channel my inner-fabulousity. It's h-i-larious and is a total must-have for any Viva la Diva lovin' Pink Lady!

I haven't loved a book like this for ages, and the good news is, after I did a google search of the author, that he has lots of other fabulous books about Eccentric Glamour and Beautiful People that I am gonna totes order today - it's offish, I'm a Simon Doonan fan, and if you love Think Pink and Viva La Diva, I can absolutely, positively guarantee that you'll love Wacky Chicks too!

The Wacky Chicks blurb:
Wacky chicks are women who turn heads, get people talking and start trends. They dare to wear the outrageous and live life any way they see fit. And now New York Observer columnist and savvy social commentator Simon Doonan trains his most discerning eye on sixteen of these exceptional creatures, and shows how a fiercely embraced sense of individuality can be an inspiration to us all.

Doonan interviews wacky chicks like Amy Sedaris, host of Comedy Central's hit show, Strangers with Candy; Suzanne Bartsch, the woman who taught Madonna how to vogue; and lower profile wacky chicks like hip hypnotist Jessica Porter and Isabel Garrett, a freestyle fashion designer working out of a trailer in a Florida nudist colony. As different as they are outrageous, these women share a powerful nonconformist bent, and in these pages offer their priceless guidance on beauty, business, fashion, love, motherhood and unleashing your feminist wacky chick without losing your femininity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for making me a family diva. I will ring you with some exciting news after 6 oclock concerning Waterstones at Castle Point in Bournemouth. xx