Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007!

I've been wishin' for it to get here for so long, and now it's actually here - wohoooo!
Why?
Because it means there are now only two sleeps 'til Think Pink is in the shops - ohmystars.
I don't know what I expect to actually happen when the book comes out on Wednesday, but I do know what it will represent...it'll be totes proof that you can have a dream and make it happen and there really is nothing cooler than that!

So, the PJ party - it's official, staying in is the new going out!

Dressed in my pink Pj's, I wrapped The Man in a duvet, bundled him in a taxi and headed to Vix house. Vix too had germs but was still a perfecto hostess, The Man just sat on the sofa sucking Lockets.
That, my friends, is the difference between boys and girls!
People in attendance: Vix and Ad - well, it was their house, the gorgeous Martin who works guyliner better than that dude from Greenday evah will, Natalie, The Man and me...I had made pass-the-parcel, Martin bought dee-lish food, Nat bought bottles of dizzy water and Vix and Ad provided the locale - it was the perfecto combination!

We ate. A lot.
We played Singstar. A lot. The Man and I did Sonny and Cher 'I got you babe', Vix and I did 'Father and Son' by Ronan Keating and Ad and I did 'Come as you are' by Nirvana, which involved a lot of jumping around the lounge...
You'll be pleased to know Pass the Parcel ruled.
I had included the best presents - colouring pens and colouring books, a slinky, a cowboy set, sweeties, bouncy balls, a keyring of a moo cow that poos when you squish it's belly (which I was more than chuffed to win back - yay me!) Everyone was really pleased with the game, although I'm thinking they were humoring me, coz I'm an only child and never got to play games like that as a kid!
We then played a drinkin' game - I didn't get it, neither did Vix and Martin who were making very good use of the Heidi Seeker coconut drinkin' containers and ignoring the rules, in fact, Martin got so drunk he gave me his hat.

His hat is coolness personified.

It looks awesome on him, but I have to say, I look kinda cute in it too. We are now going to have joint custody of the hat in all it's bee-uuu-tiful glory. I'm currently in ownership of it, and having wore it to the beach today and received two compliments, I will be keeping it for a lil bit longer.

When the clock struck midnight we went out onto the streets and sang and danced with the neighbours, not long after, The Man and I went to bed, I am not a night owl.

So now it's 2007!

I'm not about resolutions - but I have written a list of all the achievements I'm proud of in 2006, all the lessons I've learned, the difficulties I've faced and then made a list of what I would like to achieve in 2007 and where I would like to be in my life this time next year - it really helps me to focus, set goals appreciate what I've achieved and what I need to do to move forward - it's a whole lot better than making the usual schmusal 'I must stop eating chocolate' or 'I must go to the gym' resolutions coz lets face it, it ain't never going to happen!

Hope this year is filled with pink sparkles of fabulousity for y'all!

No comments: