Saturday, December 30, 2006

Germs-a-go-go!

So, I'm finally in the land of the living - the sniffles have subsided, the cough has left town and my throat is back to normal swallow-ability, I'm my all-singing, all-dancing Pink Thinkin' self - yay me!

'Xcept now The Man has it.
Really badly.
Obviously, what with him being a man and all, he's got it a million fazillion times worse and what's worse is, he's being very demanding.
This does not a happy Lisa maketh.

When I was poorly, I would just haul my bee-hind from my bed to the sofa with a bottle of Lucozade, a pack of lockets and a toilet roll and watch back-to-back SATC. I was snotty, yes, but bothersome to others? I was not.
This is not a concept The Man understands.
Y'see, I am not a nurse. While I may of wanted to have been one at the age of 6, at that age I wasn't entirely aware of all that being a nurse actually entailed, as soon as I was, this was firmly crossed of my 'wannabee' list. Which is why, at the age of 20-something, I am more than hesitant to be running round after a snotty-nosed boyf.
I am not entirely awful. I have been to the shops and bought lemsip, lockets, paracetomol, lucozade, special mansize tissues (because at times of illness, boys need to be reminded of their masculinity) and made him both lunch AND dinner two days in a row. The latter is pretty huge as I don't usually do the cooking, so you see how lucky he is?
Unfortunately, the one thing he wants most, I am just not capable of giving him.
Sympathy.
I just don't do it.
I sympathise that he has germs, I know how awful it is coz I've had 'em for the past 2 weeks , but I can't do that whole 'coo, poor you,coo' thing, it's just not in my genetic make-up.

Which is why, and this may be wrong, I've locked myself away in my pink room and turned up my 'Ultimate Boybands' cd to full blast. He has everything he needs and is currently watching season 6 of The West Wing, I just can't deal with the puppy dog eyes and innsesant random poorly noise makin' that he seems to be foing on a 10 minute basis.

I'm really hoping he feels well enough to come to the PJ party tomorrow night, we've both been so looking forward to it! Our task was to make pass-the-parcels.
So, I've been into town today to buy coolio-a-go-go pressies to fill them up with - there are a multitude of treats to be had.
I did buy some retro My Little Pony stickers to put in there but I'm not sure anyone else will appreciate them as much as me so I'm keeping them for myself! I know, I know, sure fire sign of an only child! I do have lots of other fabulous-o presents though, with some killer main prizes - can't tell you what they are just incase my fellow PJ wearin' party people are reading - see? I take my role as parcel maker very seriously!
I'm also really hopin' Vix has got Singstar Legends for Christmas - that will really be just the bestest!

Right, I'm off to edit the 2nd book and I'm really going to do it today, not just say that I am, like I have for the last two days running.
Me bad.

No comments: