Saturday, January 27, 2007

Yesterday, the man and I were bad.
We should have been writing features for various ed-types but instead, we went for a film fest, we felt like we were cutting class!

We went to see 'The Last King of Scotland' first - not my choice, it looked far too deep for me and lacked a serious amount of pink, fluffy prettiness - but in my role as perfecto girlfriend, we struck a deal and I agreed to see LKoS if he'd come and see 'Pursuit of Happyness' - seemed fair.

So LKoS does have the super-cute James Mcavoy in it, but that is, unfortunately, where the fun stops.
It was however, an awesome film. A lesson in history and a lesson in how scary people can be when given power. There were moments when I hid under my parka, it ain't pretty, but I'm really glad I saw it!

We then met wiv Susie and Kev for tea - I declined dessert.
Yes, ladies and gentleman, it was a first.

Our second film, which Susie and Kev joined us for, was a bit of a disappointment.
I was gutted.
I love me some Will Smith and while he was good, he wasn't brilliant. His son was fab, but the story... geez, it was depressing. I know the clue was in the title - the 'pursuit' of happyness, but still... There were lots of lessons to be learnt though, like persistance and be nice to everyone, but it didn't give me the warm fuzzies that I was expecting and was way longer than it needed to be.

Before I go: Lady Soverign is on Popworld and she says knitting's cool. I love LS and I love knitting. Happy days.

The new Take That video for my absolutely favourite song 'Shine' is now my absolutely favourite video - camp as christmas, I heart it!

I loved UB this week - why isn't all TV this good?

No comments: