Monday, February 05, 2007

So today started out major league sucksville.

I got some bad, bad news that rendered me totes useless for the entire day. Boo.

I couldn't even look at the Beauty*licious proofs. Note to ed-girl: I'm all over it tomorrow, I promise!

Luckily for me though, I have miss Sally.

Who I met for tea, hugs and an evening with Sophie Kinsella - author of the totally fabulous Shopaholic series.

Now, I'd like to make out that Sophie is a personal friend of us both who we hang out with on a regular basis, but that would be lying, and lying is bad.
We did hang out with Sophie though, she was on day one of her promo tour for her latest book 'Shopaholic and baby' at our local library - how cool is that?

She was fabulous.
She was just how I imagined her leading lady, Becky to be. She was witty, pretty and very cool. Both Sally and I wished she really was our best friend. She read from her new book which, personally, I'm waiting to come out in paperback, I just can't read those bad-ass hardbacks in bed, and as that's where I do most of my reading, the book needs to be a comfy, bendable paperback - sorry Soph! I did buy Undomestic Goddess for her to sign though, and she was totes adoreable, and most importantly, she gave serious props to my Primark pink glitter pumps - the queen of shopaholics was diggin' on MY shoes - whoop, whoop.

Sad day became very much a fab day. Friends rule. Fact.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your bad news. Glad Sophie was able to cheer you up. :)