Sunday, February 18, 2007

OHMYSTARS - Britters Spears has shaved her head.
I've just read it on the blog of my hotline to the stars, Liane Bonin.

Now, I'm all about the personal style, and I even stopped buying Heat mag 'coz I was supes bored of them pointing out what was wrong with slebs instead of telling me what was fab about them, but Britters...geez, what you doin', girl?
It doesn't look awful and she could most deffo work it as a style choice with the right 'tude, but it seems she's all out to destroy herself right now and that's every kind of sadsville.
Is no one going to help her? It's like the media wanna watch her mess up, it ain't a teev programme, people - it's real life!

I went to see Music and Lyrics with Susie last night - Susie is my bestie from school days, we're like chalk and cheese - she's practicality personified, I am not. She keeps her house supes clean, I do not. She does a big grown up job where's she's in charge of lots of people, I do not. We do however, both love cheesy music, rom coms and chocolate - which, let me tell you, is a very successful combination on which to build a friendship upon.
It also means that when I go all drama queen about something, which believe it or not, I have a tendency to do - I know, who knew? - she brings a little practical thinking to the sitch, in the same way that I am able to encourage her to think differently 'bout things and see a little romance in life - it's true, opposites do attract - loves you Susie!
We haven't seen each other for a couple of weeks so from the second we got in the car, we were chatting. This did not stop. Not in the queue for tickets, not over dinner, not over drinks, not in the queue for one scoop of 'Love Potion' - white chocolate ice cream with raspberry swirls and chocolate hearts - yumsville, in fact, not until the film began. Even then, we could of spoken for another trillion years I'm sure... We could deffo win awards for the talking!

So the film. It was great - very predictable and I didn't quite believe that Hugh and Drew would actually get it on - but it's very funny and I love how it mocks 80s pop. I was a li'l too young to remember bands like Wham and Duran Duran, but I know how cheesy they were, and they capture that really well! It was light hearted fabulousness, which let's face it, is a very, very good thing right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya, my name's Georgie, when I went shopping today I saw your book on the shelf, and because I've read your blog and pink-world webby before, it was like one of those double-take moments (if you know what I mean?) Of course I had to get it, so I did and even though I have only read the first few pages I already love it!! *thumbs up* I also just wanna say I am also a HUGE fan of cookie dough ice-cream ((espesh. the Ben and Jerry's one =D))I'm supposed to be cleaning my room so I have to go now, but good luck with your book, coz it totally rocks! xxx Georgie

Anonymous said...

Heya, my name's Georgie, when I went shopping today I saw your book on the shelf, and because I've read your blog and pink-world webby before, it was like one of those double-take moments (if you know what I mean?) Of course I had to get it, so I did and even though I have only read the first few pages I already love it!! *thumbs up* I also just wanna say I am also a HUGE fan of cookie dough ice-cream ((espesh. the Ben and Jerry's one =D))I'm supposed to be cleaning my room so I have to go now, but good luck with your book, coz it totally rocks! xxx Georgie

Lisa Clark said...

Hey Georgie - thank you so much for buying Think Pink and for the Georgie thumbs up - you're a superstar!
Oh, how I love the Cookie Dough ice cream too - sigh. Good luck with the cleaning and thanks again for buying the book!

Jaimie Admans said...

Hey Lisa, I have a couple of questions for your Q&A blog... I hope you don't mind me asking because I haven't actually read Think Pink yet (I've ordered it from Amazon, and now I'm just waiting impatiently for the postie to deliver it!) But I'm sure I'm going to love it from the gorgeous pink cover alone!
Anyway...
What inspired you to create Lola and The Pink Ladies, and make them 'real' characters with the gorgeous illustrations and everything?
And, how did you get into being an agony aunt?

Anyway, hope your books go really well - I can't wait to read my copy!
Cheers,
Jai
.xxx.

jeanie said...

Hey Lisa. You don't know me because i'm just another fan, but to me you are really rockin'. You really did inspire me. You book was wonderful, and it helped me get through some, erm ... "sticky" situations. Unfortunately, I don't realistically own a pair of pink tinted sunglasses, but hey, they're now implanted in my brain <3. So anyways, I just wanted you to see how much you have inspired me. Today I was actually being myself, and having a kick ass time, and the greatest thing happened. A boy asked me to walk home with him!! Okay, so he's not my crush, and yeah I guess that it was only him asking me to walk home with him, but to me it was a big improvement for my first day back at school for a few days. Thanks so much, and mabey I'll post again soon. BTW, you are my Audrey Hepburn<3;;

Write more! (maybey a trilogy?) Don't give up your writing because you have a really awesome talent! : D