Saturday, February 10, 2007

So, if I thought my week was sucky on Monday, geez, that was a walk in the park compared to how sucksville the week actually turned out to be. Grr.

But - after momentarily stampin' my foot, punchin' a pillow and crying a little bit, I am always able to turn a negative into a positive and a frown upside down because, like Lola, I think pink.

Which is why, today I booked myself in for a fringe trim.
I do love Mark the hairdresser and while I couldn't afford a new hair-do or a fancy schmancy hair treatment, I took full advantage of the free fringe trim.
He took it really short in a Mary Quant kinda way - I love Mary Quant, in fact she's my current 'icon du jour' so I am lovin' the fact that not only is my hairdresser supes-cute and supes-talented, he's also supes-psychic and has transformed my grown-out bob into a totally sweet-as-sugar new 'do.

Doing something to treat yourself is fab, especially when it's free!

On my walk home I passed Cafe Coco, the place I had my book launch and also home to the yummiest of dee-lish sweet treats, and figured it would be rude not to pop in and say 'hi'. Once inside, I realised it would be even ruder not to actually purchase any of the yummyness.
I picked a chocolate iced 'Sex and The City' cupcake, and because I'm the best girlfriend like, ever, I bought the man an white chocolate torte which I'm simply salivating at just typing about it...

Now I'm home, with my new do and a chocolate cupcake, I'm watching Funny Face - S'wonderful, S'marvellous!
If you haven't watched this film, go watch it now, go on, I'll wait!
It's just so ridiculously good - the opening Think Pink sequence makes me smile from ear to ear, Audrey as a reluctant model type is totes adoreable, and as much as I love me 'Devil Wears Prada', this is so, so much better!

After that I'm off to the nu HeidiSeeker site to wallow in her fabulousness. Not only does she tell everyone how great Think Pink is here, not only does she give me a high five for wearing my accessories so well, she's also got a shop full of too-cool-for-school new things that are calling my name to be bought, pronto.
Oh, credit card, how I love thee!

In other news: There's lots of new fabness for you to read over at www.pink-world.co.uk Interviews with the originator of Girl Power and inspiro-girl Hilary Carlip, Lola meets MyMy's Taryn Hipp - she's interviewed Gwen Stefani y'know - we launch Love Yourself Up month and we adopt a Fuzzbee - find out more by heading over to www.pink-world.co.uk now!

No comments: