Sunday, July 08, 2007

So, I still am without TV.

According to The Man it's a very important purchase.

No, a very important purchase would be a Matthew Williamson bag or a pair of super cute Jimmy Choos.

NOT a TV.

Having spent a fabulous evening celebrating The Man's mum's b-day down in Weymouth, we have spent a lot of today going to those god-awful retail parks looking at a lot of TVs that all look the same to me.

The man is all about a 40 inch TV.

This would be bigger than my actual living room, but there is no talking to him when he goes into techno-boy mode.

So, the result of today's shopping trip?

Still no freakin' TV.

Apparently, we still have some price comparison to do.
Now I'm all about saving money, I can think of LOTS of things I'd rather be spending money we don't actually have on, the aforementioned bag and shoes for starters, but what The Man seems to be forgetting is that we STILL don't have a TV and I'm getting a serious case of withdrawal sweats and shakes.

As my gorgeously fabulous friend, Brett, pointed out on Friday, "Ohmigod Lisa, you'll be a social outcast, think of everything you'll miss."

He's right.
I was able to get a fix while we visited The Man's mum, but quite frankly, I'm a 4 hours a day girl, and a quick glimpse at the Live Earth concert was not enough to reduce my TV watching habit.

BTW, that quick glimpse was at the exact moment Chris Rock deemed it totally okay to spout his potty mouth at 5:30 in the afternoon when introducing the RHCP's - comedy moment! Not that I condone the use of potty mouthed behaviour, it was all the bbc dudes not knowing what to do that made me laugh!

OH!

I CANNOT BELIEVE that in all the whoo-haah about the TV, I forgot that my GHD's had died too. That's like, a million times more important than a blimmin' TV.

Luckily, I have a back up, much less superior version of the straighteners to tie me over until I'm able to buy that super cute new summer bag full of GHD goodies they're currently pimpin' in my hairdressers.
NEED. WANT. MUST HAVE.

I plan on pitching A LOT of features this week in order to pay for my technological deficiency - ed-girls, if you're reading, please take pity - not only is a tween/teen journo-girl unable to function without a daily fix of youth culture, i.e: Hollyoaks and The Hills, I too, like that frightful Chantelle in Big Brother, am unable to help it if I have a natural kink in my hair - c'mon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed my birthday, so did I. xx