Thursday, July 12, 2007

So, last night I attended a super-swanks party in London hosted by my super-swanks publishers, which, by default, made me a super-swanks lady.
For a night at least, anyway!

I even let The Man out of the cupboard for the evening to accompany me - I know, I know, I spoil him.

Before I continue, I need to let you into a small secret. As much as I was super excited to be invited as an author girl to aforementioned super-swanks party, I was also aware that my idol boy, Gok Wan had been published by HC this year too and there would be a huge possibility that he might be attending.

So, imagine my knicker-wetting excitement when The Man spotted him standing outside the super-swanks venue!

He was on the phone and as we walked past he shot me a huge grin.
Life totally complete.

The party was held at The Victoria and Albert museum - check out this sofa that's in the surreal things exhibition - WANT. NEED. MUST HAVE.




As The Man and I hung in the reception, sipping champagne - see, told you it was super-swanks - I was struggling to see people's labels because I was bein' vain girl and wouldn't wear my glasses. We played 'guess who' and made up stories about their lives and high-fived when we thought we were right, so childish, but vay, vay funny!

The party was very schmoozy woozy - I met and chatted with loads of cool people who are all part of the amazing team that has made Lola Love so freakin' ah-mazing, the lovely Louise who I met at a previous presentation who I LOVE, my agent and gal pal miss J and the dee-lish miss Zoe, we sipped cocktails that I don't know the names of, I saw Louise Rennison who I was too scared to talk too and met one of my all-time fave author girls, Rowan Coleman.

She is freakin' awesome.
We were like separated sister-girls - check us out working the camera!



How glam is she?! We're officially friends now, fncy being friends with one of your favourite authors, that's crazy weirdness!

So, while all this was rather fabulous, I was a girl on a mission.

It was a Gok mission.

And I made no secret of my love for the man, hoping that someone might introduce us at some point, coz I figured that's what happens at swanky parties, but as the evening progressed, I figured that if I was going to declare my love to the Gok, I had to take matters into my own hands.

All night he was surrounded by ladies, natch, so when I caught him on his own, I channeled my inner fabulousness and seized my chance.

Onlookers may relay this story differently, using various vocab like slutty mcslutt-a-lot and stalker-girl, but what these onlookers may fail to realise is that I'm a fully signed-up member of crave school. Ladies, I did not spend five years of my life following and craving Take That up and down the country to not make the most of any opportunity to meet my favourite boy types!

So I grabbed him. Literally.
He gave me a huge smile and told me he'd seen me on the way in when he was on the phone, (he did!) and he'd told the person on the phone that this girl had just walked past and she was fierce - that was me! Gok said I, Lisa Clark, am fierce.
I plan on using it on ALL publicity from now on.

I told him I'd like to go on his show and he said 'What would I do with you? Girl, you're perfect!' Like I wasn't the happiest girl in the world right then!

Luckily for me, The Man was totally okay about the Gok love, in fact he positively encouraged it, knowing that ever since I saw the first series of HTLGN, I wanted Gok to be my best friend, what girl wouldn't right?

Gok went on to tell The Man that he was 'very, very lucky' and that I was fabulous!

I gushed.

The Man agreed.

It was a moment.

Other ladies that I had spoken to throughout the evening had said how they were scared that he might judge their outfits, but he had nothing but love for the pink, which was useful, what with it being my favourite colour and all!

He asked me what I did, I told him I write books for teen girls and then took it upon myself to mention an idea that my friend Claire and I came up with on a recent daytrip to Brighton, it basically involved Gok and I being best friends on a daily basis, what's not to love about that idea?!

In my world, Gok and I are new best friends, in his, there's a chance he might think he's got a pink accessory wearing stalker girl!

Thing is, everyone was trying to be super cool and pretend they didn't recognise him, now, I am many things but I am not cool, so making a fool of myself is never too big a bother for me, and it worked!

Look...



And yes, he does have his hand on my boobage, and no, I don't mind.
Not one little bit.
I did tell him they were chicken fillets, he was fine about it - see, what's not to love!?

No comments: