Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's a sad, sad day.

I'm back.

And as much as I love The Man and did miss him lots and lots, I want to be back in NYC.

Now.



That city rocks - I did take lots of pix which I'm in the process of downloading right now, I will hook you up with those asap for your very own NYC fix, but at the mo they're makin' me a li'l bit sad to look at coz I want to climb back on the plane and get right back over there.

For those of you who've never been, not only is NYC one big, incredible film set which gives you the chance to play out a different character each day - one day Carrie Bradshaw, the next Anne Hathaway in the Devil Wears Prada - it's also the best positivity fill-me-up a girl can ask for. Seriously, as you come up under the tunnel into NYC from the airport, along with pollution, hot dogs and pretzels, the smell of possibility is in the air.

When you're in NYC absolutely ANYTHING seems possible.

And I LOVE that feeling.

Most importantly, Keris and I completed the 13 mile walk - wohhhooo - it was awesome!
See, what did I say? Anything is possible in NYC!



It was v.cold but you'll be pleased to know that I accessorised my outfit accordingly with pink scarf and glove combo - when doing a half marathon a girl can still be fashion aware 'k?! I did do it with a pink handbag too which is probably a li'l excessive, but you know, I have a rep as a pink princess to maintain!

It was an amazing experience, the route took us all through Wall Street, across the Brooklyn bridge, through Tribeca and SoHo up to the Empire State, past Macy's, into Times Square, up and down 5th avenue and Madison Ave, Grand Central Station, pst the Chrysler building - my absolute fave NYC building, past Central park and back to our hotel which was in the Upper East Side - so cool!



I got a medal and everything!



So everyone that sponsored and supported me - thank you soo much - together, you helped me to raise £1,510! The Children's Society are going to email the final amount raised by our group over in the next couple of days - there were over 100 people taking part - we were a purple force!
Turns out that while purple may be this season, it's not my colour - you will see this from the ill-fitting t-shirt I was forced to wear. Not cool.

The lovely Keris and I renamed our trip Talk New York, because from the second we met we only stopped talking when we went to bed! Then we'd wake up at 6 each morning and start up again as if we'd never stopped! Keris is a walkin, talkin' NYC film tour too, so not only did we talk about stuff of fabulousness a lot of the time, I also now know every film locale in the whole city - she could totes charge for that skill! We also share a huge love for all things books and wasn't phased by spending two hours in a book store in fact she positively encouraged it - that deffo sealed our FF status!

We squeezed in much-needed shopping time, did a harbour cruise with cheesy entertainment and yummy food and totes jaw-drop views of the statue of liberty and the city at night - we met with the lovely Diane and her mumma and after the walk, I was rewarded with the best treat of all...the gorgeous boys from Fred Flare - yumsville!



They hooked us up with yummy cupcakes and an Audrey sleep mask that I've been lusting over for like, forever and we hung out in the upstairs bar of my hotel with fabulous views of NYC sipping beer and cocktails - deelish! Not only are these dudes the head boys at Prettyville High, they're also quite possibly the best company a girl can ask for - so freakin' adoreable! We talked celebrity. A Lot. And have now got me a whole new vocab based on Chris' 1,2 steps - Lola will totes be working the 1,2 step in future books!

2 comments:

Keris Stainton said...

*You* were forced to wear the ill-fitting T? Where is it then, hmm? That's possibly the least flattering item of clothing I've ever worn. Quite, quite hideous. :(

Anonymous said...

Amazing post, Lisa! And not just cuz you called us Prettyville:) Great hanging out with you and we're gonna steal some of yur vocab also! You're amazing. Pink ROOLS.