Sunday, January 27, 2008

I like the sunshine.
I don't like it hot and sticky, like in the summer, but in the winter, when everything is crisp and clear, the sunshine pretty much rocks more than anything else.
I went out for a walk earlier and it totes made me smile from ear to ear. It also made me squint, which I'm not altogether happy about, as I don't want any unnecessary wrinkles at such a tender young age. I would of worn sunglasses, but I always feel such a numpty wearing shades in January - what are the rules about these things?

I like listening to music on oversized headphones.

It fills my head with musical happiness and is by far the best way to listen to music. It really helps when I'm writing to block the real world out and completely lose myself in a Lola-inspired soundtrack!

I like napping.
Ohmystars, I do like napping. That is factuality, in fact, this is probably the reason for us needing a new sofa, The Man and I take turns to nap on it on a Sunday afternoon. (FYI, we didn't get a new sofa on Friday, turns out a sale does not an affordable sofa maketh. Why am I not in an Ikea delivery zone?!! It's really rather rude that I'm not.)

I like channeling my inner hippy chick.
After developing an unhealthy obsession with UK Style's TV show Spa of Embarrassing Illnesses, my passion for wanting to become a holistic therapist has become so huge, I've booked myself onto a series of holistic/healing courses and I'm starting with crystal healing and hot rock massage - repeat after me, Ommmm.

I like the Observer's Woman magazine.

It comes free once a month. It's awesome - great journalism, cool features about women you actually want to read about and great fashion. I also like YOU magazine. It comes free with The Sunday Mail. I don't love the paper and it's politics and if I could buy it as a separate magazine, I totes would, but I can't and I really like it's coverage of women doing cool stuff, so I buy it. So there.

I like making friends.
I really like the friends I have, but I like making new ones too. I've made friends with the lovely Sai in Japan through Myspace. She's gonna educate me in all things Japanese and we're gonna do cool Japanese/British trade offs - so not only a new friend but cool post from a new country - whoop, whoop! I've also started to send fan mail to people who's blogs I read telling them why I love both them and their writing - sharing the love and all that!

I like making lists.
Wanna see my list for this week?

- Finish final edit of fiction book 1
- Finish a readable edit of fiction book 2 to send to agent lady and ed-girl
- Plan website content schedule
- Upload new website content
- Return emails to readers
- Tidy the house - yawnsville...bored just thinking about it. Miss Sally has a fab saying about why you shouldn't waste your time cleaning, I can't remember exactly what it is, but I know I agree with it, except I haven't done any since before Christmas, that's quite bad innit?
- Put together and send parcels of pink fabulousness to Amy, Julie, Sai, Seleena, Cathy and Cordelia
- Take a pilates class
- Hang out with my mumma and do something fun and craftin' together
- Pay tax bill - I'd actually saved for it this year, so it's not too much of a shock to the bank balance, feel positively virtuous for being slightly organised!
- Find someone in Australia who wants to do magazine swappin'
- Set up new coaching/creativity website
- Get creative in my journal with felt tips and cuttin' and pastin' - LOVE putting fun playful things as actual to-do's amongst all the borin' stuff like house work and bill paying.
- Start work on my own zine - a real life paper one, so excited!

I like blogging.

A lot.

I like re-reading books.

I have a pile of brand-new, exciting books just waiting to be read, but instead I'm re-visiting old favourites, and am really enjoying the familiarity...
Have re-read California Club by Belinda Jones - chicklit at it's very, very finest, if you need a book vacay, then Belinda Jones is so good at taking you on adventures in amazing locations - she rocks. Also re-read Weetzie Bat in Francesca Lia Block, it's a one sitting read and I LOVE it. I've recommended it to a few pals recently and they've had nothing but good things to say about it.

I like Courtney Love's blog on Myspace.

She has moments of profoundness and then she has a severe touch of the crazies. Love her.

What do you like?

1 comment:

Silvia said...

i've been reading a few of your recent blog posts and i must say, i love your writing and your look on life!

love & sparkles,

silvia

p.s. i'm sorry about your step-dad.
((you))