Friday, January 25, 2008

On recommendation from amazing author-girl, Melissa Walker I bought myself a copy of Franny and Zooey by J.D.Salinger. You absolutely HAVE to read it. I won't tell you about it because I'd hate to ruin the joy that is reading this book - it's only a thin one and can be consumed, and absolutely should be, in one sitting.
ADORE.

I've been in the big city of Londinium this week in training to be an all singing, all dancing techno-girl - you'll be pleased to know that there is nothing I can't tell you about wireframes and CMS, there really isn't! Now, I know this doesn't sound at ALL like me, and sshh, don't tell the boss-types, it really isn't, but it is all for a very good reason, I promise! It's v.exciting and I shall tell you ALL about it soonest, pinky swear!

As well as all the techno witchcraft, I had two brand-new experiences on my London stay-over: 1. I ate dim sum and 2. I played High School Musical Singstar - both of which are now top of my list of all things AMAZING!

Can you believe I've never had dim sum? I've been to Chinatown in three of the coolest cities in the world, London, NY, San Fran, yet never had Dim Sum - luckily, Miss Lindsey is very cultured and took me to a place called Ping Pong near Carnaby Street. YOu have to fill in forms and allsorts to get your food, but it was ALL fabulous and I ate EVERYTHING with chopsticks, I am now more than ready to visit China safe in the knowledge that I will not starve!

HSM Singstar is hard work.
That's factuality.
I have a sneaky suspicion that ed-girl has been practising in my absence, there is no other reason as to how she would be able to whip my bee-hind as substantially as she did. You'd think, as I was a guest, she'd let me at least win Breaking Free, but no. She is a girl of the competitive variety and she was out to win. And she did. A lot..




And I know I'm late on this, but I LOVED Heath Ledger. I especially loved him in 10 Things I Hate About You.

Sad, sad days.

1 comment:

diane s said...

Lisa, where did you learn your CMS & such? I'd love to learn all about that... I haven't had dim sum either. x