Saturday, January 19, 2008

This week has been one of the toughest times I've ever experienced, it was my step-dad's funeral. It was so so sad, yet so heart warming to be in the company of so many people who loved and adored him.

Which is why I re-visited my book, Think Pink today.

Y'see, when something hard knocks you, it's easy to forget all the things that make you feel good, and for a while you think you'll never feel good again, 'cept life's really far too short to think like that, and I also really, really want to write, and in order to write all things Lola, I need to get my pink thinkin' on - big time!

I loved reading it again, I even did some of my own exercises - I made Think Pink cards which was mucho fun and meant I got to colour in, and you know how much I love to colour in, and I put more treats in my 'Think Pink box of things that make me feel fabulous' - this has been on replay for the last hour...



I LOVE this musical and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this song so much! If ever there were a Think Pink anthem, this would be it!

The book Remember Me to Harold Square by Paula Danziger as recommended by my ed-girl, it's from our youth but still just as good when re-read as an adult, if you haven't read it, go get a copy!

The song I'm on my way by The Proclaimers, love that they sing in a scottish accent and love it even more for the line "I'm on my way from misery to happiness today - uh huh, uh uh"

What would be in your Think Pink box of things that make you feel fabulous? Care to share with me? I've still got room for more and I love recommendations!

1 comment:

Aimee Provocateur said...

hello sugar, I hope you know how inspirational you are even through the toughest time, and that you are pulling through thinking pink becuase there is no other wya for us girlies! I know you are sad and I send all my kisses. In my pink box I would have; Judy garland singing, marks and spencers pyjamas and a roomful of my dearest, u included! Lots of kisses x xx