Friday, January 25, 2008

So, I have a lot of days that go right, you know, the sunshine-filled, bliss-kissed days that are filled with fabulousness, I get A LOT of those, because I create them in my pink tinted world. They are the very best kind of days.

But then, then there are days like today.
I woke up feeling sad about losing my step-dad and generally a li'l bit sorry for myself.

Now, I had options, I could of gone right back to bed and stayed under my duvet for the foreseeable future, I could have put on the One and Only by Chesney Hawkes and sung along at the top of my voice, I could of gone for a long walk along the beach, I could of put on my pilates for Indie rockers DVD and stretched my funk out.

'Cept I didn't.
I didn't do any of these things.
Instead I shouted at The Man. A lot.
Felt a little bit more sorry for myself, and cried. A lot.

So consequently, because I didn't address my funk, everything just went wrong, wrong, wrong.
The Man and I planned on going to buy a new sofa, except I left the instructions at home, he called me an idiot, I cried some more, then shouted at him, tried to get out of a moving car, he went through a light, got mad at me, we screamed at each other.
It wasn't fun, nor was it pretty.

That's what you get for not listening to how you really feel. If I had, I'd of told The Man I was feeling a li'l glum and I wouldn't have tried to 'act' normal, because I wasn't feeling normal, nothing like normal.

But I did check in with myself, realised what I was doing, and apologised to The Man for not explaining how I was really feeling and why. When I did, the world turned a teeny li'l bit pinker. The lady at the counter in Tesco called me 'Sunshine', Debbie Harry came on the radio and we rocked out, and I arrived home to fabulous-o mail from Miss Seelena - a Lisa rules puzzle, fizzy cherry cola bottles - my fave, strawberry scented ink for my cartridge pen and Miffy mail - thanks Miss Seelena - I LOVE it all!

Proof that when you're true to yourself and honest and open about what you're feeling, even the worst of day can turn into a pink-tinted one!

No comments: