Saturday, January 05, 2008

Sending you all pink-glitter fabulousness for a great 2008!

I'm sorry it's belated, and not wishin' to rain on anyone's pink new year parade, but my step-dad died early on New Year's Day, which was a blessing because now he's no longer fighting the horrible Cancer which turned him into a man I hardly recognised, but so, so sad because he's left a massive John-shaped hole in our world, especially my mumma's, that nothing will ever fill.

I've stayed with my mumma for the last week and we've had lots of storytelling and lots of tears - I've also had to be a proper grown up and help my mumma to organise things, and I have to say, it's the hardest thing I've ever had to do, I'm a pink thinker by nature and there's nothing pink about organising funerals.
Nothing.

He was a colourful, storytelling character who I didn't always agree with, and sometimes argued with as a teenager, but he made my mumma very happy, they saw the world together and he fiercely believed in me doing well. He had such a positive outlook on life and if you didn't know him, you'd deffo know of him here in Portsmouth.

If nothing else, it's proved to me that life is far too short to get hung up on the silly things - your life can be amazing if you fill it with fabulousness on a daily basis, don't go on a diet - just be nicer to yourself, treat yourself like a princess - soak in baths, eat good food that is right for your body, don't be fearful of doing something new - who knows, it might turn to be the best thing you've ever done, most importantly, love yourself and give yourself permission to live your life totally unlimited 'k?

In fact, I wrote a feature before Christmas for an amazing new site called New Years Revolution about that very thing, go check it out...

1 comment:

Casa Costello said...

What a lovely tribute to your step-dad. He sounds like a very special man. You have a fantastic attitude to life. Much love to your a your family at this time.