Saturday, September 02, 2006

I am old.

At 27 this is not something I like to admit. It is however, the only excuse I have for only just realising that the too-cute boys I kept catching a sneaky glimpse of when Anthony went to the toilet at Edinburgh airport were actually American indie band, OK Go.

I knew they were a band, something to do with the big-ass instrument boxes they were checking in, but also because cute boys, well...they know they're cute and they look for attention. As an official 'cute boy attention giver' they were in luck. They also have a unique look about them that only a kooky american indie band could pull of without getting laughed at in the street...



Anyway, my point is, while I knew they were a band, I didn't know who they were.
Now, if you know me, you'll know that my knowledge of all things music is pretty unrivalled. There was a time I'd happily give Jo Whiley a run for her 'queen of all things moosak' tiara, but it seems, if this huge lapse in music concentration is anything to go by, I'm losing it.

It wasn't until I watched E! News (FYI, I DO watch other channels, it's just who wants to watch borin' snorin' news when you can check out the celeb types? Not me.) that I saw 'em, realised it was the boys I was checkin' out at the airport AND then realised they were actually really rather good. That's not how it's meant to happen and the only conclusion I can have for that is that I'm getting old.

That sucks.

No comments: