Friday, September 29, 2006

When you're a pink thinker you really shouldn't think bad of people, but dude, I'm finding it hard to think positive thoughts about my neighbours.
They inhabit sucksville, a place where people have black clouds above their heads and an inability to smile. I will not miss them when I move.
I found out today they are moving too, imagine if they move to Brighton, next door to me? That would not rock. They've sold their house.
We have not.
That sucks a bit too.
Still, I am super excited about moving - we're still in the early stages of the process - but I'm so excited about a new adventure in my favourite city...

In fact my beautiful friend Sarah posted this quote from one of favourite American authors, Jack Karouac, last night and it seemed so apt, I wrote it out in pink felt tip and have put in on my wall..

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..."

I love that. Forget sucksville with the black clouds and lack of smiles, I'm all about pink-world where roman candles explode like spiders across the stars!

Book news?
Man, is there book news!
Unfortunately, I'm gonna be one of those tease types, coz I don't want to jink anything 'til it's all real and proper, but rest assured, it's excting stuff, so exciting that I'm positively bursting at the seams with pink star-shaped sprinkles of excitement about it all.
I've been editing my new book this morning, it's fiction, and I love it.
It needs a lot of work, but I love existing in another world so completely that it becomes your reality and the real world becomes a huge-ass irritation. I'd continue this afternoon, in fact all weekend if I could, but I have a feature to write before 5:30 and a new home to find, I feel so guilty writing stuff I love. I don't know if other writer types find it, but I always think I should be doing something else because surely, you're not meant to dig what you're doing every day, right?
Except when you're a writer, you can.
That really is coolio-a-go-go, isn't it?
I'm one lucky lady.

Can I just ask how much money exactly have Living TV put into the advert for Jade's new TV show 'Jade's PA'? More importantly, why did I not know about Jade needing a PA? I would be totally perfect for that job! I love her, I love organising, I love answering phones - man, I'd be perfecto! Does she not know I've read her autobigraphy 2 whole times? Erm.. did I just say that out loud?

No comments: