Saturday, September 09, 2006

I've just cut my fringe stupidly short.
I'll never learn.
I grow a killer rock girl fringe, get mad because I can't see, think I wanna go all Betty Page and cut myself a lil short fringe.
Except it never ends up like that, which is why hairdressers go train and stuff, so they can make hair look pretty, NOT like I have had a run in with Edward Scissorhands. Although come to think of it, it's not like that would be so bad, right?

I'm also a little restless today. I wanna write, I wanna read, I wanna watch a DVD, I wanna go to the cinema, I wanna go for a walk, I wanna write my journal, I wanna write content for my new website, I wanna do the work early that I'm on deadline for next week and I'm actually doing none of the above, instead I'm watching QVC and cutting my fringe.

Also why am I lovin' Fergie's song 'London Bridge' so much and what exactly is it about? Is it rude? I can't work it out. I am also lovin', because of it's complete fabulousity, Scissor Sisters 'I don't feel like dancing' - except it actually really does make me feel like dancing because it's really rather good. I'm hoping to get tix to go see 'em for my birthday - hint hint boyf. Although mister, if you're reading this, a trip to NYC is also really okay too.

I've just found a programme called The Cut on Living TV and there's a contestant called Princess, like it's her real name and everything. What's not to love about that? She's a little bit...well, y'know...much, but I s'pose if I was called Princess, so would I be.
Why have I not seen this programme before? Did I miss the memo?

There really is too much good TV, I've decided I want to get paid to watch the kind of reality TV where they make and do stuff - not 'Big Bro' or 'Love Island' but Project Runway, America's Next Top Model and all - that would be the very best kind of job, well apart from a job that involved me hanging in NYC on a regualar basis obviously. Do you know there's this real estate website where you can actually do a virtual online tour of Manhattan loft apartments? I can spend entire days salivating and planning how my life will be when I actually own my very own - there's an adoreable one with a killer view of the empire state building that I have saved, it's a great butt-kickin' motivator for those moments when I think I'll slack off, it's a constant reminder of why I've gotta keep workin' my butt off!

Book pimp: Currently reading Cents and Sensibility by Maggie Anderson and am completely loving it. Maggie is a former editor of glossy magazine and you're completely drawn in from the get-go. Won't spoil it for those of you who might read it, of course it's not literary genius, but if you love a fabulous read ala Sex and the City with glamour, glitz and magazine world insight - go read.

Right, all this talk of Americana has made me crave a bagel, so I'm gonna head into town and get me a cream cheese and salmon one then, come back and pitch feature ideas that will hopefully fund a trip to NY asap.

Still have silly fringe tho.

No comments: