Sunday, October 29, 2006

I am on the edge of my seat in anticipation of the special edition Royle Family that's on later tonight.
I love, love, love that programme.
Obviously, my life isn't all about the TV, although I did spend over 4 hours watching Just Jade yesterday afternoon. I was researching at the same time, so it was not complete time wasted and as I dig Jade, who is far more intelligent than she'll ever let on, it wouldn't have been a waste anyway. So there. Living TV really is rather fabulous. I had missed the whole series, so they replayed it all. That rocks.

I didn't stay in all day though.
I went out and even missed X Factor.
I know, crazy.
I got a taxi to my friend's house and the taxi driver became my least favourite person the second I shut the door.
TD: "It's good to see you dressed up for Halloween, Morticia Adams is it?"
Let me explain my outfit to you. I was wearing a pink neck scarf, pink beads, a pink headband with a black knitted dress that I love.
I dig Morticia, but she is not a style icon in my world and I can guarantee she would not wear pink. Not ever.
So I laughed. Thinking he was joking. Not very funny, but still.
Turns out he wasn't.
TD: "so, is that where you're going? A halloween party?"
ME: "No, dinner with a friend"
TD: "What so no halloween party?"
ME: (Red rage was starting to make an appearance at this point) "Nope, no halloween party, I dress like this on a daily basis."
TD: (big laughter, y'know, proper belly laughs) Yeah, sure you do love! You're proper funny you are."
I was fuming.
I did not talk for the rest of the journey. He asked questions, but I ignored him. This is not very Think Pink I know, but even I have my off days y'know.

Luckily, my host was all kinds of complimentary, so I un-joined the black parade and resumed my place in Pink-world.
My super-stylish friend from swanksville had made me a pre-birthday dinner. He is quite possibly the best cook, like ever.
Sssh, don't tell the man though, as he thinks he's something of a Jamie/Gordon in the kitchen.
My swanksville friend is suffering right now and is often prone to diva-esque behaviour about it all, so to be able to make such dee-lish food and look completely hot-to-trot in times of trouble, I think is pretty damn impressive.
He rocks.

I had pumpkin soup, I'd never had pumpkin before and it's now a new favourite according to my tastebuds, mushroom risotto and pink bubbles - which he tried to convince me was super posh wine from Poshville, but I'm convinced it was my number one favourite, pink lambrusco, it tasted too nice to be posh wine!

He is also a lil bit obsesso about the sad songs right now, so I took it upon myself to change them. When feeling grumpy lumps, sad songs are not appropriate - well they are sometimes, but I'm not gonna let him wallow in Joni Mitchell, I just won't allow it - but apparently this is not the 'done' thing - who knew?

After chat and good food, we arrived fashionably late at this swanky bar opening.
Man, it was hot. As in Indian heat wave hot.
My friend and I are not good in the heat.
There were lots of friends there so it was a great chance to catch up, but when it started to rain outside and was too hot inside we decided to call it a night.
Hardcore, we are not.

It did mean I got extra time in bed where I am currently reading Stephen King's On Writing reccomended to me by all my real writer friends, and is the only SK book I think I can read without scaring myself silly. I'm really looking forward to seeing him now, the man is beside himself about it all, I'm guessing it's like me meeting McFly.
Or not.

So last night was the start of bday week celebrations. I am a sucker for celebrating and although I have no official bday plans, things are appearing in my diary and I think this is going to be a week of pink-filled glitter fun!

No comments: