Monday, October 23, 2006

I've worked very hard today.
I'm telling you this because, as the tarot card reader who I visited on the beach earlier this month so rightly pointed out, I need recognition for even the smallest of tasks, so when I do a big task like my accounts - Yawnsville, Arizona - I need a huge-ass chufty badge.

Yep, I did money stuff.
I sent boring snoring invoices, chased boring snoring invoices, filed boring snoring receipts, logged boring snoring figures and...sorry, I fell asleep just talking about the whole boring snoringness of it all, but the important thing is, I did it. Yay me!
And I didn't even treat myself with chocolate which is practically unheard of, which makes me positvely angelic this evening!

The man however, has been put in the boyfriend cupboard.
For those of you that don't have a boyfriend. You are lucky. For those of you that DO have a boyfriend, but DON'T have a cupboard, then you are...very silly.
Y'see, boyfriends sometimes need a little time out.
There are times when they are completely unreasonable, when they make ridiculous comments or when they are just being, well y'know, annoying, and it is at these moments especially that they need a little cupboard time.
The amount of time is entirely up to you. Ideally, it needs to be enough for them to think about their actions and realise they were completely in the wrong. My Man is not at that stage yet, he still thinks that it was completely okay to take his bad day at work out on me by generally being rather grumpy and shouting a lot.
It was not, which is why he is in the cupboard and will stay there until I hear promises of flowers, Benefit make-up and a trip to Disneyland, Paris.

I have a friend who is going through a tough time right now.
That makes me sad.
What makes me happy though, is that he's being a complete diva about it.
And when I say diva, I mean a diva of epic-like proportions as in Elizabeth Taylor after her break up with Richard Burton.
Uh huh.
He's bought fabulously decadent presents for himself and has taken to his bed.
This is where I like to imagine he's wearing a headscarf, smoking an endless supply of cigarettes and swigging gin from a bottle. I don't condone this behaviour and he's not actually doing it, but like I say, this is what I like to imagine what with me having one of those over-active imaginations and all!
I'm worried that after buying so many expensive presents he will be unable to afford the basics like y'know, food, so I plan on taking him a meal of baked beans and bread tomorrow.
See? I truly am angelic.

No comments: