Sunday, October 22, 2006

It's raining...

It's raining.
Which is a little rude as I was planning a trip to the cinema.
Now, while we may live in an incredibly modern world with such inventions as umbrellas and public transport that enable us to get places in such riddiculous weather conditions, rain always makes me want to snuggle up under my duvet and read a book - so that's what I did instead. After I had an hour long bubble bath that is. Our bathroom is part of an extension which has a window in the roof, so while I was laying in the bubbles, I was listening to the rain hit the window, by far the most perfecto Sunday morning entertainment, I did feel slightly guilty as two of my friends, Dave and Adam are running the Great South Run today and while I'm now wrapped up in my duvet they're still running the course. Me bad.

I'm currently reading Arianna Huffington's On Becoming Fearless - which I highly reccomend, sometimes I love reading books that provide a world for me to escape into and other times, I like to read books that feed my mind - this one does the latter.

Arianna uses stories from her own life, from contemporary women she admires, and from women in history and literature to show how to be bold, how to make yourself bulletproof, and how to act without dreading the reactions of others.
As a mother, politician, and businesswoman, Huffington discusses how to be strong, be your best self and stop looking over your shoulder for approval. I'm only a little way through right now, but I love it and having just read The Greatness Guide by Robin Sharma which is totally fabulous and butt-kickin' this is the perfect follow up! We all need to fill up on the positivity, right?

Tomorrow, I also re-start Tai Chi...See, I told you I positively come alive in the Autumn...I love Tai Chi, it's not as strenuous as Pilates, which I also do but in the comfort of my own home in my PJs, but it requires focus and is a great way to make me zone out all the constant chatter that goes on in my bonce. It's also a very good reason to buy a cute new black and pink tracksuit that I've seen recently!

No comments: