Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I went to see the Devil Wears Prada last night - again.
It was a girly trip that involved yummy food, great company and lots of wine, which has slowed me down to a snail pace this morning.
The film hadn't changed, it was still fabulous-o but this time I kinda got to thinking... Miranda, superbitch editor lady, gets slated for being a hard working dragon, yet as Anne Hathaway's character points out, if she was a man everyone would pat her on the back for being so successful.
That sucks.

I don't think you need to be rude to be successful, but I also don't think you should be punished for it either.

Anyway, in homage to the film, I am continuing to dip in and out of The Goddess Guide every day and this morning, I found this great section about women and their handbags and we get a sneaky peek into the author's uber expensive, but v.v. cute Fendi (natch) - I was so impressed, that I thought I'd share the contents of mine...

My current handbag of choice is my recent present to self - The Heidi Seeker Fuzz Guitar bag



Contents include:

My purse - also a Heidi Seeker puchase...


My journal - a hardback notebook where all my thoughts and ideas and plans and dreams are stored, it comes everywhere with me. This one is cute as a button, I bought it from a discount bookshop for 99p.

A small pink notebook - this is to jot down book ideas, dialogue, notes from meetings...

A Muji pink pen - I love Muji. Love pink. Love pens. Nuff said.

Yves Sain Laurent no. 128 lipstick - it's bright pink and I feel fabulous when I wear it.

Estee Lauder Ideal light - so good for hangover induced dark circles - will be deffo using that today!

Vaseline hand and nail cream

Handy sized vaseline aloe vera tin

Stamps

Mobile phone - it's a cool Nokia one that lets me check emails and everything - I'm so techno!

Pink Toby Mott umbrella

My ipod in a pink case

A bag of midget gems - love midget jems

No where near as exciting as the author's bag, but I'd like to point out that while Fendi Spy bags are dee-licious, Heidi Seeker bags will deffo get more comments, are considerably cheaper and look just adoreable!

Calling readers and wannabee writer girls - I've been chatting to the fabulous-o Canadian author Bev Katz Rosenbaum who has just released 'I was a Teenage Popsicle' - she's fantastic, the book is totally unique and our interview is online over at Pink-world - go check it out: http://www.pink-world.co.uk/blog/2006/10/lookey-here-its-bev-katz-rosenbaum.html

No comments: