Monday, October 30, 2006

Okay, budding writer types - listen up!
November is National Novel Writing Month - more commonly known as NaNoWriMo - an annual challenge to write 50,000 words in the 30 days of November.
So, that's what I'm going to do.
I know I'm a writer girl, but I neglect my fiction and always find something more important to write, but November is going to be all about my fiction - I have an idea that I'd love to develop and think this is the ideal opportunity to make it happen.
Sign up at www.nanowrimo.org where you build a profile and get your very own progress-ometer to keep track of how you're doing. You can team up with writing buddies and it's generally just a great exercise in kickin' your wannabee writer ass. So, you don't finish it? So, you only write 1,000 words? You're going to be a whole lot further than you were to achieving your dream, right? The website has all the information you'll need to make it happen and the starting gun is fired on November 1st - good luck!


PS: During Nanowrimo, my absolute favourite book site - www.trashionista.com is running what they're calling NaNovember, they'll have interviews with - and guest blogs by - authors whose NaNo novels have been published (including Trashionista fave Lani Diane Rich), reviews of the books and - yes! - more giveaways. And that's not all! They'll also have features and updates on the NaNo experiences of certain Trashionistas and much much more. It's going to be great and it all kicks off on Wednesday 1st NaNovember. You'd be mad to miss it.

No comments: