Friday, October 27, 2006

I was trying desperately hard to put in a full day of writing without any distraction, that was until I got invited to an opening of a swanky bar at the weekend and realised I had a hairdo right out of skanksville, Arizona.

I've been cutting it myself most of this year, but it had turned mucho chunky round the back so I bit the bullet, opened the yellow pages at a random hairdressing page and rang the first number I found, I was designated Mark.

Mark rules. He is an all singing, all dancing rockerbilly, he says excuse me if he knocks one of your piercings (of which I have many) and engages you in killer conversations about old movie stars, Dita Von Tease and old vinyl. He has also given me quite possibly the cutest lil haid do I've ever had - I am now officially working a real-life Betty Page fringe with lil flicky layers, I feel uber glam and keep touching it because it feels so glossy and just-stepped-out-of-a-salon fabulous! It's the first time I've ever come out of a salon and not wanted to flatten it, cut it or buy products to make it look less, y'know, pooufy. Like I say, Mark rules.

I then took my modern-retro twist of a hairdo to the cinema. I met the man from work and he agreed to come see Last Kiss with me.
That is the power of the Boyfriend Cupboard.

Damn, Zach Braff is hot.
He's also incredibly good at acting.
Yes, there was a little navel gazing, but I'm not adverse to that, it is a great portrayal of relationships and especially about boys and how they have issues with the whole growing up thing. I loved it. I loved the dialogue, I loved the beautiful cinematography. And yes, I loved Zach Braff. I did also crush on his three boy mates too. It's a very pretty cast.

So today, I'm going to work. Properly work without procrastination. I have new hair to swish and I have been filled with cinematic inspiro-thoughts, I really have no more excuses.

No comments: