Sunday, December 17, 2006



Go Leona!
I was out last night, which meant I missed X Factor.
Boo.
Thank the stars then, for ITV2, which means I can watch it tonight, like now - yay!

Leona is totes fabulous-o. She is also proof that you don't need to be a bitch to be a successful. She rules.
Thing is, I'm worried.

As much as I dig the X Factor, they do have this ability to make good things, well...a lil' bit poo.
Take Shane.



Not only cute to look at, he was so capable of being a kick-ass, Justin Timberlake-esque respectable muso dude.
Instead, the X Factor power types - Simon Cowell et al. - were in such a rush to make money out of him that they simply filled an album with covers and half-assed ballads just to get it out on the shelves, instead of taking time to nurture his unquestionable talent.

Which is why, in a funny kinda way, I didn't want Leona to win.

I'm thinking they might wanna just try and make her a diva before her time and she is so much better than a Whitney cover act.
She's totes talented and there will be killer producer types queuing to work with her, if those power types knew what was good for their bank balances, for Leona's career and for our eardrums, they should take time out, work with her and make her superstar fabulous.
That's all I have to say on the matter.
Oh, except for the fact Take That have just joined Leona.
Happy, happy days.

I went to Christmas lunch at my Mumma's house today.
She goes away for Xmas, so we have our Christmas this weekend instead.
It was a dee-lish dinner, I also showed off my book - everyone coo-ed and ahhed at it's beauty, I blushed a bit.
My mumma is a teacher type and she works in a school on the council estate I grew up on. On Friday she worked with some young girls who don't have mums and Christmas will undoubtedly be tough for them,so she organised a pampering session with manicures and lots of glitter and sparkles and she said they loved it!
My mumma rocks.
She also said how, after Christmas, they usually ask the children in their English lesson to write a list of their Christmas presents and their Christmas experience, but she's not going to do it this year as she's been made aware of how many children in her class won't have a great Christmas and won't receive any presents, compared to their class mates with the spankin' new Nintendo AND stupidly expensive random nonsense that will be tossed aside on boxing day.
That made me sad.
I'm not good at this Christmas lark, and that's one of the reasons why.

I am, however, all about the new year.
I'm spending it with some of my favourite people at a slumber party - we're gonna eat buffet food, play pass the parcel, wear our slippers and pyjamas and best of all? We're gonna play singstar til our throats go sore - ohmystars, it's going to be fabulous!

No comments: