Monday, December 04, 2006


The man took me to Eurodisney, Paris.
After my initial foot stompin' regarding the whole 'Eurotunnel thing' and many words of wisdom regarding boys and their lack of girl knowledge from both Miss Sally and ed-girl L, I decided to Think Pink and concentrate on the positive...I was going to Eurodisney - wohooo!

I have hearted all things Disney and everything it represents since I was a kid. That whole 'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything you're heart desires, will come true' has always been huge for me... that's why I bagged me my own Prince Charming and have a pink-filled life with fabulous-o friends and dream job - just need to get my stuff moved into that pink princess castle and I'll be sorted...
Prince Charming however, as magical as he can be, is also heavy on the cynicism and was happy to tear the place apart before we even got there. After a severe talking to about the power of positivity, he conveniently remembered the trip was about me...

It was so brilliant.
We were all about the Disney Studio on the first day and at 9am we found ourselves riding the Aerosmith rock n rollercoaster - I loved it! I've always avoided scary rides as a rule but the man didn't give me time to think about it, I'm gutted because it was the best and I wanted to run back round and go again! Who knew I was an adrenalin junkie? We later went on to ride Thunder Mountain and my personal favourite, Space Mountain which shoots you out a cannon and you fly through space - so cool.

Entering Disneyland is a magical moment. It must be crazy for kids, because I even got a bit teary seeing the princess castle for real. As the man and I walked down the main street it started to snow, I got a bit teary then too, that was until the man told me it was soap suds, he's such a buzz kill.

As much as it's all about the kids, the parentals need a lesson in magic. They were pushing and shoving in queues, shouting at their children ohhh, it made me mad!

We watched the light parade which was beautiful and when Tinkerbell turned the princess castle into a huge pink sparkly home of fabulousness on the disney horizon, those tears threatened to make an appearence for the third time that day. Happy tears though!

Highlights of the weekend included: riding rollercoasters, Mickey's Winter wonderland show, the princess castle, the stunt tram, cinemagique oh, I don't know, everything!

Bits I've edited out: the man and I arguing about him buying yet more cuddly toys (I'm not a cuddly toy kinda girl, he is however, a cuddly toy kinda boy and we seem to be amassing a collection of cuddlies that are taking pride of place on the living room DVD shelf - not cool), me getting a bit mad at the hotel receptionist who was trying to charge me for asking for an extra pillow - she didn't in the end, but she blimmin' tried to the cheeky minx!

No comments: