Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Yay!

I'm back and I'm less snotty - thank goodness. It was green and it was stinky.
That's just wrong.

I also looked a complete train wreck - refusing to wash my hair-do because my head hurt so much, did not an attractive Lisa make. I'm guessing the Homer Simpson slippers and the hoodie that's actually the size of a small European country, did not add any glamour to the overall look either.

I've also caught up on my deadlines, well, except the Lola fiction books, but I'm not
talking about that.
It hurts my head.

So, unfortunately due to my whole no-procrastination rule, I've done virtually nothing apart from type words and feel a li'l bit sorry for myself for being so poorly.

I did celebrate my cousin Vix's 18th b-day with her which was lots of fun!



Look at my cuz Nikki in the background - such a cheezer!

The gorgeous girls at Sparklepants created some one-of-a-kind pieces for me to give her as presents, we ate yummy food - well, apart from the waiter dudes taking forever with our desserts which meant we didn't have them in the end, which is sad days for me, because dessert's my most fave part!

Swanks, Miss Sally and the very hot Stu went to see a preview of Kylie's White Diamonds documentary.
I love Kylie, in fact, Kylie was the first album I ever bought. Closely followed by Jason Donovan and New Kids On The Block. On cassette. Er, why am I suddenly feeling like I'm a 100 years old?

Still, as much as I love Kylie, I really could have waited 'til it came out on DVD because 2 hours of Kylie and her gay husband calling each other 'dear' was not entirely my idea of entertainment.

Luckily, the company was rather fabulous and more than made up for it!

And that is the full extent of my social life to date.

I did stop working to watch X Factor though. Well, it would be rude not to, wouldn't it?!

I'm a bit disappointed in the quality this year, but I'm hoping they'll step up over the coming weeks, I'm guessing performing live on a huge-ass stage, and to the TV nation might be enough to effect your performance...

What Lisa thinks...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Rhydian.



I think he's been getting such bad press. He's not arrogant, he's confident and that's a blimmin' good thing. This dude is crazy talented, and he's the only one who's performance I would look forward to each week - go Rhyd!

Cute factor goes to Leon - ADOREABLE



I know it went a li'l wrong, but I admire him for trying something different - I'm a huge fan of Michael Buble and Jamie Cullum so I dig what he's doing and dang it, the dude is cute to look at, right?!

I was gutted that Kimberley went - she was brilliant and had a total pin-up girl look going on and she was normal and not screaming wannabee like those Hope girls.

Please do not get me started on those Hope Girls.

I don't do bad-mouthing and think that bitchin' on fellow girlkind is just not right, but seriously, everything about the way those girls have been put together is so freakin' contrived.

I love the girl that did most of the singing. I loved her in the auditions, she was so cool and kooky, now she's just been cloned into a Simon Cowell production-line girl. Which is why I was really not surprised by the outfits they were wearing on Saturday night, just disappointed.

What else? Oh I watched my first Rugby game too.
Wish I hadn't have bothered.
Those boys do a LOT of hugging.

What else?

Oh I have loads of book, zines and blog recommendations for y'all too - next time.

No comments: