Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The b'day - continued.
So, I think the b'day celebrations have finally ended, how rude.
Where was I? Friday...
Friday was not a highlight.
The man was in need of severe cupboard time after Friday.
I was asked to do housework because his mum was coming down, I was wished a happy christmas in my less than impressive birthday card, but yes, I did receive a trip to Disneyland which you'd think I would be happy about. Well, yes I would if I was actually going to Disneyland.

In my card was a hotmail print out of the trip details - I gave an excited girly squeal when I saw the word Disneyland - yay, he really did listen to me, he really does get me we really are destined to be together forever.
Or not.

So, he points out the price. Wrong.
He tells me that the price doesn't actually include the price of getting into Dineyland. Wrong.
He tells me we're flying. Wrong.

Before you assume I'm ungrateful 'bout it all, it's just I really couldn't of made it any clearer about what the plan should of been to fulfil a lifelong dream of mine - a eurotunnel trip right into Disneyland to see the pink castle and a marching band in the parade. That's all.

Currently, I have a flight to Paris.

If we were writing the man's relationship report right now it would have, in huge red letters: must try harder. Lacks attention to detail.

But then, to ask me to do borin' snorin' housework because his mum was coming down. Well that just took the biscuit.

There was only one thing for it...
Cupboard time.

I'm aware that this is not terribly Think Pink of me, but I'm by no means perfecto - I know, who knew eh? - but when you have the boy types in your life there are going to be moments like this, my friend Sally told me and she's been married a long time, so she should know.

While the man had cupboard time, I met with some friends who appreciated my fabness. I drank diet coke and gave my friends makeovers in the middle of the pub. Martin - you really wear mascara well!

Saturday - London baby! My fabulous friend Cathy who is a kick-ass, amazingly talented author lady was having a pamper party for some lucky competition winners at her publishers, which is a very swanky locale on the bank of the Thames, right next to The Savoy. And most importantly, they had a pink glitter floor in the lift - very cool. We had an absolute ball, author Meg Rosoff was there too - she rules, we had a really great massage and ate pink fondant fancies before heading out to the balcony to watch the sunset over London - so, so beautiful.

I then met up with the fabulous LK today, who took me to Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes - which, if you've never been, is coolsville personified - for Brie burgers and Woo-woo's and for a huge helping of gorgeous people! We ate and talked - a lot, and spent a lot of time admiring the kick-ass girl gadget of beauty that she had bought me, it really is rather fabulous and most importantly, is called Lola golightly! It's far too prettilicious to use, so I just keep looking at it!

Sunday

We went to lunch with the man's mum. I wore my very best smile.

Yesterday, I went to work, which I can't really call work because I really do have the best time ever when I'm there, got a much needed hug from miss Sally and ate the new boy's cakes. I also checked out locales in my city for a TP party, it's all quite expensive but I'm never going to have a first book out again am I? Then went to tea with Susie and Kev, who bought me pretty Benefit make-up. Happy days.

In other news: mr swanksville and I, hot on the heels of our Joseph exploits, are now going to go high culture, he always has been, but me? Not so much. and we have got ourselves tickets to Rufus Wainwright at the Palladium in Feb - so excited.

Book news: I get to see an advanced copy of my book soon - wohoo. Unfortunately, my editor won't be there when it comes in, what's even worse than that, she won't be there because she'll be in NYC. Now that really is rudeness. I'm hoping someone else might send me a copy in her absence. Please?

No comments: