Thursday, November 02, 2006

Bday week - the story s'far

Forget just having one of those boring snoring one-day-a-year birthdays, I'm all about the week long celebrations!

So...Monday, I hung out with miss Vix, ate yummy food and got Sabine mail from Gemany which I am not going to open til tomorrow!

Tuesday - on Tuesdays I work in an office with by far the coolest group of people in all of coolsville, and they completely exceeded themselves in the celebration stakes! my totally fabulous friend Sally had created what I can only describe as a desk of pink fabulousness for me to work at! There were pink sprinkles everywhere and I had a tiara and feather boa which I wore all day long with complete pleasure - I also got fab, fab presents from Sally and the lovely Sarah which I shall re-open and re-love all over again tomorrow!

The whole office went for a feast of cheesy chips to celebrate with me which was just such a treat, we then ate cakes and chocolate in the afternoon yum!

Then...I know, it's not even over yet, Sally, Sarah and I went to the cinema where we indulged in Marie Antoinette - I adored it.

It was completely decadent and watching that much cake even made me feel a bit queasy, which is virtually unheard of, it was a really interesting story too, a real reflection of modern day society - she was like an olden days Paris Hilton but with much prettier clothes - I love, love, loved it - we then went for a glass of wine where laughed lots and the entire highlight of my day was having Sally's dee-lish husband come and pick us up and drop me to my door - whatta legend!


Yesterday - I went to the Isle of Wight and then in the evening met The Man at Gunwharf where we danced in the square like nobody was watching, except they were, but we didn't care and we went to see the film The Guardian.
Well, I thought it was going to be another of The Man's action movies, but was more than willing to sit through it on the basis that I might catch a glimpse of Ashton Kutcher looking all cute and stuff.

But I was wrong.

It was probably one of the most moving, heart-string tugging films I've seen all year. I thought it was incredible.
Basically, it's about the US coastguard and I won't tell you anymore because I really, really don't want to spoil it for anyone that might go and see it, because the whole not knowing made the film so much better for me.


Today, I've been visited by my step-dad with gifts and cards and I'm heading to Southampton with my friend from Swanksville who is taking me to see Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat - H from Steps is Joseph, it's going to be campness personified, I can't wait!


As for tomorrow, The Man and I are going to celebrate bday together so am keeping all gifts and cards till then!


Man, I feel like a proper princess from princessville!

It does mean that the novel has only got 1,0502 words - will work on it next week when it is no longer my bday!
Oh. That makes me a little bit sad.

No comments: