Sunday, November 26, 2006

The man and I went to Winchester on Saturday, which is a super-old place where King Arthur used to hang out.
I love it because there's lots of shops like debenhams, next etc., yet they're all packaged in olden days buildings. I like that.
We weren't there to shop though, we went to meet with friends for lunch and to take a sneaky peek at the Children's Book Fair.

I kept taking a sneaky peek over her shoulder at Jacqueline Wilson.
JW is too cool for school.
The man was very excited 'bout seeing Terry Pratchett who told him he looked like a character in one of his books, he was, and still is, officially chuffed.
It was only afterwards that we realised we were the only people there without kids.
That's because we were the kids.
Who would wanna go to a grown-up event when you could get to hang out with the Gruffalo and Horrid Henry?

I got a glimpse of my new website yesterday - we've still got work to do, but it's looking cute as a button and is a real reflection of the book - it's got it's very own zine that will be updated every week, so if you want to contribute - write a book review, interview a band, review a gig, want to shout about a craftster - just message me (if you're reading this on blogger - head over to http://www.myspace.com/lisa_clark-and leave your deets) and you'll be added to our contributors list ready for our January kick-off!

The book is still adoreable.
I still haven't been able to actually read it yet, I just keep looking at it from a distance, through my fingers.
Everyone at HC seems really happy with it, so that's good news, ed-girl is back this week and I know she was kickin' herself 'bout being away when it came in, but she was in NYC, so I have no sympathy, just huge pangs of jealousy.
I know I love it, I just hope y'all do now!


Anyway, you know how much I love these things...

A) Four jobs I have had in my life
Shop assistant - forbouys newsagent
Runner - SMTV:live
Magazine editor - Rant magazine
Agony Aunt - Mizz magazine

B) Four movies I would watch over and over:
Only four? Moulin Rouge, Billy Elliot, High School Musical, Grease

C) Four places I have lived:
How embarrasing, I've only ever lived in Portsmouth - that's all set to change in the new year though - wohhooo!


D) Four TV shows I love to watch:
Sex and The City
The OC
X Factor
Girls at the Playboy mansion - this is my absolute favourite, not sure it should be, but it's H-I-larious.


E ) Four places I have been on vacation:
New York
San Fransisco
Prague
Dublin


F) Four Websites I visit (almost) daily
PerezHilton.com
myspace.com
hotmail.co.uk
eonline.com

G ) Four of my favourite foods:
Green and Black
Cadburys
Tinto organic
Nestle
I love me some chocolate...

H) Four albums I love:
Can't do albums of all time, but right now I'm listening to: Shampoo - Girl Power, Amy Winehouse - Back to Black, My Chemical Romance - Black Parade, Take That's greatest hits...


I) Four of my favourite books:
Namedropper - Emma Forrest, California Club - Belinda Jones, Gingerbread - Rachel Cohn, Stargirl - Jerry Spinelli

J) Four places I would rather be right now:
Eating fruit and pancakes in NYC, under a waterfall in Yosemite Park, eating cheesecake on the roof terrace of Macy's, Union Square, In the 'Absolute Love' suite at Hotel Pelarocco, Brighton laying in the huge bed with the sea view and rain lashing against the window. Sigh.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I know I can't comment, but I want to share anyway. Great blogging today Miss C - what a great day in Winchalot. You met Terry Pratchett?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome. Also, you love Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli - I LOVE that book xx

Sarah said...

Oh. I can comment. Hi there!