Wednesday, November 15, 2006



Now I'm not a political kind of girl, but there are some things I get crazy mad about and one of them is ignoring the fact that our world is in a bad-ass mess.
I have friends who think it's not worth recycling because they can't even begin to right the wrong that China is currently creating.
That 'tude sucks.
Fact.
Just as we've polluted our world to the point of climate chaos, we also have the resources and the knowledge to save it.
If we choose, we can make those politician types take the action needed.
They can't resist us all, right?

So, I got me a copy of 'I count - your step-by-step guide to climate bliss' - it's a fab, fun and quirky book filled with real ways to help stop climate change and got me to thinking 'bout Christmas. Bear with me on this one...

I love Christmas as much as Santa Claus, but when we start the festivities in November and do our big city lights switch on a day after bonfire night, we are using up a whole lot of electricity - couldn't we just start celebrating from Dec 1st?
That way we wouldn't be like Scrooge asking for Christmas decorations to be removed all together - but we could save energy all through November - simple!

Anyway, I'm not getting on my pink soapbox, I'm just putting it out there - we can make a difference, and recycling WILL help, turning electrical items off instead of leaving them on standby WILL help, reusing carrier bags WILL help.
For more info on what WILL help go to: www.Icount.org.uk

No comments: