Friday, November 17, 2006

I'm writing today in a feather boa.
Pink, natch.
I'm hoping it will kick to the kerb the extreme version of grumpilumpitis that I'm currently experiencing.
Y'see, even pink thinking princesses get grumps. It's not right and it's not really okay either, but it happens. Luckily, a feather boa, some pink tinted shades, an injection of positivity and doing your most favouritist things will normally do the trick...

Well, s'far, so good, coz I'm now writing words, which I wasn't half an hour ago.
Granted, they're not words in a report that needs to be in next week, but they are words and that's a very good place to start.

On the favouritist things front, I did treat myself to a hefty dose of my gorgeous friend Chevverchops last night.
We chatted, ate pud thai (my very favourite dinner in all of the world) and then chatted some more, until midnight in fact! I had a sore throat this morning due to the fact we didn't actually came up for air at any point.

Reading is also another of my favouritist things to do, and I love nothing more than to lounge around with a book for hours. Except this takes time and right now, I don't have any.
This is rude.
Reading time should be the law so in order to make time to read more, I've made some rules:

1. I will quit reading every book I start. Life is short. There are too many good books out there to waste time trying to finish the bad ones.

2. Tape the programmes I REALLY want to watch, that way I can skip the commercials and control when I watch it.

3. Read books I enjoy. When I..m reading a book I love, I seem to make time to read during my day. Which is another reason to stop reading a book I dislike.

4. Get calm. When I sit down to read, I keep wanting to jump up and take care of some borin' snorin' task. But that..s no way to read, so I will chill my boots, as should you.

5. Most importantly, I will always have something to read. Never again, will I go anywhere empty-handed. Train journeys for example, I'm always on a train and instead of taking a book will usually buy Heat at the trainstation. No more. I'm going to be all about the books.

In fact, I will complete the report in the next hour - no blog watching, no email peeking, no myspace commenting so that I can read some more of my current book du jour: Cafe Tropicana by Belinda Jones. I love, love, love her books especially The California Club - she's ultimately travel-girl chicklit, her female characters are so well formed and the stories always take you on a real adventure - Belinda, you rule.

No comments: