Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I heart Stephen King.

You'll be pleased to know that the man is now out of the cupboard.
Only so that he was able to experience how a real treat should be organised.
He loves Stephen King.
There's a chance he loves him a little bit more than me, which although rude and wrong, I'm dealing with what with Stephen King being 60 and living a long, long way away in Maine, except he was in the country yesterday and I risked our relationship by taking him to a live Q&A/reading thing in the London.

I've never read the Stephen, me bad.
But it seems the dude is all kind of crazy popular, with over 2,000 people turning up to see him in the middle of a park in Battersea.

SK fans are like Star Trek fans, that's what I decided.
Wanting to collect anything from the day they met Stephen, there was this one guy who was clutching a poster he'd just taken down from the wall so tightly the print was leaving a stain on his white shirt. There was this other guy who was complaining that SK may not be signing. Dude, there's 2,000 people here! He's 60 and his hands are precious. What would he prefer? A scribble in one of his books or for the SK to continue writing books?

The man was beside himself with excitement and when the Stephen came on the stage, he was the only one to start whooping in the highly reserved British audience. Bless.
SK has a touch of the legend about him, the room filled with a heady buzz when he was in it and in a room of 2,000, I think that's a pretty cool thing to be able to do. He's got this really dry sense of humour and when the constant hum of aeroplanes began to annoy him he 'joked' about them crashing on our head. I was all about the nervous laugh at that point, but according to the man, that's how the SK's head works. Hmmm.

Even if you haven't read his books, for would-be writers, the man is an inspiration. I came away bubbling with ideas and positivity about my fiction and came away with this little gem: "...Reality is the wall we bounce our balls from..."

The man is one snotty - he's got man flu, but v.happy dude right now!

I'm also fabbos too and am planning to add a whole lot more words to my Nanowrmo project over the next week, cheers mr King!

In other news: Kevin Federline has now become Britney's Fdex! Good girl, it's about bloomin' time - he is a bad, bad man miss Spears and he should of been kicked to the curb along time ago.

I'm a big fan of the Britney - even during the trailerparktrash days - but now she's shed pounds - a whole man in fact, I have no doubt she's gonna kick some serious bee-hind! I know we never really know what goes on in a relationship and unfortunately, because they inhabit celeb world, it does mean that people think they're entitled to an opinion, me included. Now, I'm sad because there are children involved, but it really is the best thing - I am officially a Team Britney member - you go girl!

No comments: