Friday, November 24, 2006



Yesterday was a real highlight of my year.

It started by purchasing The Sex and The City boxset in the cute shoebox as a celebration of having held a real life copy of my book. Would be rude x100 not to treat myself on such an occasion, plus it was reduced in Virgin to £49, which means I can now donate my slightly scratched and slightly illegal copies to my younger cousin Vicky. I was supes smug for getting it at such a barginous price.

I then bumped into my tres dee-lish friend Brett who was working the cutest ensemble of coolness. I couldn't contain myself, I had to show him the book. He did a squeal of joy and smooched my cheek.
Swoon.

Then, with three of my favourite people, Swanks, chevverchops and miss Sally, I had the very best amount of fun you could ever have in the big city.

We took a roadtrip, which really is one of my favourite things to do, had Dale's Disco Dance Tunes on the stereo and we sang and seat-danced our way to London. On the way we saw the most biggest, brightest, rainbow - I heart rainbows and everything they represent and it was so bright and vivid, it filled my little world right up.

I shared my book with them over coffee in a cute cafe that Swanks and I always visit when we come to London.
It was a bit of a moment.
They had so much pride and love for me, I got supes emotional.
Before tears occured there was shopping to be done and where better that Harvey Nicks.
Except I'm not good with the posh shops.
I dig Primarni and New Look and find it hard to justify spending hundreds of pounds on an item of clothing. I do however, love cosmetics and can happily justify spending money on tiny make-up and perfect items in bee-oot-iful packaging.
we dodged the black-clad purfume sprayin' dudes and dudesses, pausing momentarily at the Mac counter where a sugary-sweet latino lookin' lovely was wearing his black shirt unbuttoned to his navel. If ever in the Harvey Nicks vacinity, do visit. It's a sight to behold.
Forgetting that I'd already treated myself two hours previously, I purchased a bottle of Princess by Vera Wang - it's adoreable, it comes in the prettiest of bottles, smells like candy and comes with a free body lotion - what is not to dig 'bout that?
We then took seats in the 5th floor resturant where we raised a glass of pink champagne to celebrate all things pink.
It was another moment.

Then to the theatre.
I'm all about the theatre.
It was bathed in green light and the wicked witch of the west looked over us as we entered the Apollo.
OHMYSTARS.
It was incredible. Now I love me some theatre action, but never in my life have I loved a show as much as I love Wicked. The actress Idina Menzel blew me away. She opened the original show in New York and is now in London and she rocked. She had me in tears, as in proper sobbing. I'm going to be booking tickets to see it again in Jan as the man is mucho jealous to have missed out, apparently Will Young is being cast in the New Year too, a double whammy of fabulousness.

Life in Pink-World is officially supes sweet, and while pink bubbles, purfume and beautiful shows are a real treat, what really makes it dee-lish and fabulous are friends.
Fact.

No comments: